Arc on Tech TV-Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

N162E

Enlightened
Here it is, here is what you have been waiting for. Arc on tech tv. I am providing it two ways- For those of you with slow to modest connections click Low Speed Access For those lucky one with higher speed access try here Higher speed access Enyoy the show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't view the low speed. Everything pops up great and just before it plays, I get the "this computer has performed an illegal operation and wiil be stut down" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thank you very much for recording this for us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

too bad they didn't mention the waterproofness of the aaa...they must not realize it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

it's also too bad they didn't list all the features, of course they would have needed a lot more time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

N162E

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thank you very much for recording this for us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

it's also too bad they didn't list all the features, of course they would have needed a lot more time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think two full minutes is probably more time than a flashlight has ever gotten on TV. They seemed to like them a lot.

BTW Roth how are Shotshow arrangements coming along? I think we would all rather see you IN the group picture rather than have you just SEE it!!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
chances are i won't be able to make it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

if i can find some way to get there, and somone to share a room with, then maybe, but otherwise no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
N162E - Thank you very much for providing that clip for those of us who don't receive TechTV. I used to, but the local cable company took it out of my package, and added it to one of their more expensive ones. Someday I hope to get it again. I really enjoyed that channel!

I think for the small amount of time that they gave the ARC, they did a pretty good job. Flashing the website didn't hurt at all!

jtice

Flashaholic
LOL very very nice. those Arcs were doing a great job of blinding those cameras!!!

Congrates Peter, hope this brings about even more business.

N162E, thansk for doing that, its great for ppl like me that done get that channel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Ooh, very nice, Thank You N162E!

Too bad they did not mention the waterproofness of the Arc AAA, which I believe was taken to even greater depths than the 50 feet mentioned for the Arc LS.

The guy on the left with the glasses kept interjecting so the other guy did not get a chance to say all that he was going to, and they finally had to move on to the next item. The guy on the right finally even said something like, "I thought you were going to get that guy to shut up", referring to the still-running toy but judging from the left guy's knowingly sheepish smile, I think they both knew who was really referred to about shutting up!

In fact I believe the guy who gathered up all the flashlights in his hands was just about to hold up each one and give their relative prices. Oh well...

But Thanks again!

Skyline

Enlightened
Wow that was pretty cool. Did they mention how people can actually purchase? Web URL mention?

Nice work!

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Was the last LS he flashed, the one whose beam cast across the countertop instead of straight at the camera, an LSHF-P? He said $150 right before turning it on. It seemed pretty bright on the countertop.

I'm actually surprised that the lights looked as bright as they did. I think flashlights of most any kind are washed out by typical studio lighting. Maybe they turned the studio lights down before shooting the segment.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the last one was the LSHF-P.

We sent Jim 5 lights: LSH-S, LSHF-P, Arc-AA, Arc-AAA, Arc-AAA Premium

Ziff Davis and TechTV put this together. I didn't know they wanted to show our lights until they called last Thursday.

I told Merri, "ahh, will probably get 2 seconds of airtime if we are lucky". Man, I was wrong...

Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The video is very, very nice, congratulations Peter!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My website got on TechTV a couple of years back, but I don't have cable here so I never saw it. There was a brief mention of it on the TechTV website:

For an interesting look at the history of LEDs and related products, point your browser to a site called For The Love of LEDs. Webmaster Craig Johnson packed his site with LED related information and links. Mr. Johnson also provides some hands-on testing experience in a great section titled "The Punishment Zone".

The link to the entire article is right here if anyone's interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.