kj75

Enlightened
New release from Klarus:

aaj1qq.jpg

http://www.klaruslight.com/plist_show.php?id=142&lge=en

Another nice Klarus with moon mode :thumbsup:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Jack of all trades, master of none, perhaps? Not sure swappable side LED's make it qualify as "multi-color". Also "laptor". ;)
Nice to see Klarus trying new things, though. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess my only question is will a standard 18650 work? It seems only logical that it would. If it is the proprietary battery only, then no deal for me.

Mayor

Newly Enlightened
Certainly an interesting light.

I like that they separated the buttons onto two separate "heights." They must have read people complaining about side switch lights that have two mode/power buttons that are hard to tell apart/find in the dark. :p

It looks like they put some thought into it. However we will have to wait and see if everything comes together well as a functional tool, or it handles like several features slapped together.

Overall I could see this definitely being useful for some people, and even though I probably won't get one I have to admit I think it is kind of cool.

badmanners

Newly Enlightened
I got my hands on one of these today and so far I am impressed.

It has a larger reflector and more peak beam intensity than almost all single 18650 lights I have seen.

The side light is also pretty useful. I can see myself using this a lot on camping trips. Almost every light can head-stand, but this light can head-stand and be useful as a lantern.

It's also pretty cool that the two LEDs can be used at the same time and controlled independently. I will try this walking some time - side light for close range and primary light for looking around.

I have noticed that the side LED drops in output slightly when the primary LED is on high but this is not much of a surprise. I don't think a single 18650 can produce 1050 lumens + 220 lumens at the same time?

boss429

Newly Enlightened
This reminds me of an old pre LED light I had that was great 30 years ago with two bulbs as you could see the ground where you were walking and still keep the beam on the trail ahead. I showed this to cop friend and he wants the blood tracker LED. I really like the magnetic charging plug it eliminates a big weakness in most chargeable electronics-imho

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if this light can tail stand? I realize it has a side light but just wondering...

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Does anyone know if this light can tail stand? I realize it has a side light but just wondering...

It should be able to tail stand so the main beam can point up and the side light can be usable at the same time, and, it is able to head stand for a more stable position, so the side light is usable plus whatever comes from the bezel crenelations.

badmanners

Newly Enlightened

It does tail stand pretty well on a flat hard surface.

Head standing with the side LED on is nice and stable even on soft surfaces like carpet or upholstery or uneven surfaces like concrete.

For other surfaces, like in a tent or on sand for example, the side LED is so diffused that positioning it to provide useful light is not hard.

I do like the addition of the side LED on this torch.

Taz80

Enlightened
I picked up this light the other day, and I've found it very useful. It is a two piece light, that unscrews between the head and body. The threads are anodized so loosening the head a little locks it out.The magnetic charging dock on the light works very well and the battery measured 4.19v when fully charged. The main beam has a tight spot with good throw, its similar to my Crelant 7G6CS. I'd say its 25000cd like it says in the specs. The side light is a good flood, like the H502. It works well for walking it lights up everything in your immediate area if you need to see farther the main beam is already pointed in the right direction. It would also make a good car or work light. The only thing I'd change is add the 1lm mode to the side light and add a 120lm mode to the main beam. The UI does take a little getting used to, but over all I think it's a good light.