As usual Eagletac is first to offer XP-L models...

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
three existing models to have the new XP-L: T25C2, D25LC2, and a sportac surefire dropin (single-mode)

i think i'm going to buy D25LC2 XP-L just to see what this LED is all about. they claim it is not a repeat of the XT-E fiasco :D

markr6

Flashaholic
three existing models to have the new XP-L: T25C2, D25LC2, and a sportac surefire dropin (single-mode)

i think i'm going to buy D25LC2 XP-L just to see what this LED is all about. they claim it is not a repeat of the XT-E fiasco :D

I may join you! Just bought the D25LC2 Nichia 219 and love the tint and physical light. UI is OK but not great. No moonlight function on 18650 or CR123 kills me but not a total deal-breaker.

Interested in this XP-L, just may wait to see or hear feedback on the tint.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac is great about offering different tint and emitter combos. A true moonlight mode would make the D25LC2 just about perfect as the low mode is way too high for my liking. It is a great general purpose low mode, to be sure, but not for dark-adapted eyes in the middle of the night.

markr6

Flashaholic
Eagletac is great about offering different tint and emitter combos.

+1. And it doesn't appear to be putting them out of business, so I wish most other manufacturers would follow. As much as I like the tint options, I only own 1 Eagletac since there always seems to be something about the lights I don't like.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XP-L beam is basically the same as the XM-L. It has the same die in a smaller package, so will be ideal for tight packaging in triples, for instance.

michael3

Newly Enlightened
where did you see this? i looked a t a couple of sites and didn't see anything about it.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
[h=4]"Cree launches 200lm/W XP-L LED, boosting performance by 50% as drop-in upgrade for XP-G[/h] LED chip, lamp and lighting fixture maker Cree Inc of Durham, NC, USA has introduced the XLamp XP-L, which is claimed to be the first commercially available single-die LED to achieve efficacy of up to 200 lumens per watt (LPW) at 350mA. Delivering up to 1226 lumens in a 3.45mm x 3.45mm package, the XP-L enables an immediate performance increase of 50% or more as a drop-in upgrade for lighting designs based on Cree's XLamp XP-G LEDs."

http://www.semiconductor-today.com/news_items/2014/MAY/CREE_260514.shtml

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
From CREEs website, the surface specs look nearly identical to their XML2 emitter, except for size. So my guess is that this emitter is primarily going to have better thrower than an XML2 assuming use in the same sized head.

kbuzbee

Enlightened
From CREEs website, the surface specs look nearly identical to their XML2 emitter, except for size. So my guess is that this emitter is primarily going to have better thrower than an XML2 assuming use in the same sized head.

The size of the actual LED is the same. The base is smaller on the XP-L. My D25Cvn has an XP-L @5000K and I LOVE the tint/color.

Where are stock ETs shipping with this LED?

Ken

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The size of the actual LED is the same. The base is smaller on the XP-L. My D25Cvn has an XP-L @5000K and I LOVE the tint/color.

CREE lists the XPL (and XPGs) to be 3.45mm and the XMLs to be 5mm??

The LC2 doesn't do moonlight? My D25Cs do. I love their moonlight mode. Interesting. The spec sheet says they do.

The lowest mode on the LC2s is listed as 6 lms?? are you thinking are you thinking about the standard UI chart that says "moonlight on/off?"

kbuzbee

Enlightened

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Ahhh got ya.. does that mean this emitter will be just as floody as an XML in a small head like the D25C, or does the smaller footprint somehow change the parabola of the reflector allowing it to throw more like the XPGs, but with more lumens?

I don't have a D25C in XM-L(2)) but the beam on my D25Cvn is on the floody side. Perfectly balanced for my needs but YMMV.

Ken

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
CKYPJNG.jpg

n6ZrO4Z.jpg

D25LC2 XP-L ;)