• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT eMt3 and eMt6 M-series modules for Surefire M3, M4 and M6...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana eMt3 M-series modules for Surefire M3...

So... here it is...

eMt3 LED upgrade module for Surefire M3 CombatLight

Pics should explain everything, few posts down there is some more details on these...

These modules are hand crafted and variety of LEDs and drivers can be used... PM me for any details but below list with prices should be self-explainatory... again, read first page of the thread for more info of these and I might make more "professional" first post that would have all necessary info about these modules...

NOTE: Cut-off voltage on these drivers for now is 3.6V... 3xCR123 primaries in series is OK to be used with them but they might be drawn down to rather low voltage - Protected li-ion cells are recommended (as any other aftermarket module that offers 2xli-ion config but would work on single li-ion as well)... cells recommended are 2x Protected AW 17500 Black (in non-bored body) or 2x Protected AW 18500 Black (in bored body)...

NOTE: THIS HAS JUST STARTED !!! Two modules from the photos FIT MY SUREFIRE M3 LIKE A GLOVE !!! However, even with Surefire there might be SLIGHT tolerances in different runs that might prevent proper contact between these modules and your M3... so there is a SMALL chance of contact issue - at least until first 5-6 modules get to their new owners and they try them in different combos...

Prices:

$116 eMt3 XPG2 R5 1C (6500K, CW), 3.6-18V, SINGLE MODE, 1.2 Amps (about 350 OTF lumens)
$126 eMt3 XPG2 R5 1C (6500K, CW), 3.6-9.6V, 3-MODE, Low/Med/High with memory, 1.1 Amps (about 20/115/350 OTF lumens)

$116 eMt3 Nichia 219B D220 (4500K, NW), 3.6-18V, SINGLE MODE 1.2 Amps (about 260 OTF lumens)
$126 eMt3 Nichia 219B D220 (4500K, NW), 3.6-9.6V, 3-MODE, Low/Med/High with memory, 1.1 Amps (about 15/85/260 OTF lumens)

NOTE:
These modules are rather complicated to make and I have to find time between modding e-series to make them, please allow 10-20 days for shipping after the payment... Once I catch up with the list, I'll give my best to carve couple of them in advance so cut the wait time below 10 days... as soon as I'm sure that I can ship out in less than 10 days, I'll update this part...

P.S.
The little GODZILLA is not my pet nor it was tortured in any way - it was fed while in custody for couple of hours and then set free in the wild on Adriatic coast... it loves salad and apple but doesn't like tomato for some reason...

-

You can contact me over email (this is not my paypal email):

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the large heat sink design with full contact to host. Curious what options will be in regards to output.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, guys...

My health issue is preventing me to finish 2nd one I'm building with Nichia 219B and 3-mode buck driver (3.6-9.6V)...

Module on the pics has XPG2 driven with single mode buck driver @ 1.25 Amps...

Heatsinking allows for 1.5 amps to the LED - if I find appropriate drivers... part of testing was leaving it pointed into ceiling in room with no air-flow and nothing touching the body to allow any kind of heat transfer other than surrounding air... after 20 minutes it was very warm but not hot - easily held in hand... a minute or two with hand wrapped around bezel/body and temp dropped... Millennium series provide both mass and good design for heatsinking, if module is capable of transferring that same heat onto the body - reflector is pretty much useless due to stress protection design made for original bulbs...

So for now...

LEDs: XPG2 or Nichia 219B...
Drivers: single mode 1.25 Amp (3.3-18V) or 3-mode (low/med/high) 1.1 Amp driver (3.6-9.6V)...

Drivers have cut-off voltage at 3.3V or 3.6V and althought 3xCR123 primaries in series is possible and allowed, the better choice would be use of PROTECTED li-ion cells, 2x17500 or 2x18500 in bored body... if primaries are to be used, just to be kept in mind not to push them all the way to complete shut-off as each would be left at around 1.5V when resting (if you notice output drop then it's time to swap the cells)... runtime at these amperages would be about 2 hours with 3xCR123 cells...

Each one is machined by hand (by me) as the rest of my modules/mods... due to specific dimensions that have to be very strict it's very time consuming in each phase of the build - machining, assembly and even drilling the tiny holes in aluminum for wires... so not many per month will be made... I refuse to use CNC machining services as I'd like to keep them more personal and 100% handcrafted...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm interested too but only with a godzilla for free! :rock:

Sorry, no... Godzilla is the creature of the wild and that's where it is right now... :)

I just hope it's still safe out there and that it didn't stumble upon some other humans who would consider turning it into a pet or even worse - a TOY for their kid... :(

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
XPL is to enter test phase right after Nichia 219B... :thumbsup:

Also, the module to fit M6 and M4 would be the module to fit M3T which is M3 with KT4 Turbohead (to my understanding)... however, that module will have to wait for a month or two until I get my M6 that I recently purchased (being hand carried from US to here)... that one will be called "eMt6"... :)

flat-ray

Enlightened
Interested in the M3 module. I can ship to you my M3 head for perfect fitment. My millenium flashlight need refreshment by a lot of time!

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow.
tana, you keep on outdoing yourself.
this will be a smash hit as well.
cant wait for the m6 setup with the new 219b.
i may have to grab one of those.

great job bro. :thumbsup:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, here they are, guys... First two eMt3 modules, 219B neutral white with 3-mode driver and XPG2 cool white with single mode driver... both modules have amperage to the LED around 1.2 Amps...

It takes INCREDIBLY long time to machine them... sand down to proper height... drill holes in aluminum more than an 1/2" deep on stub which begins at puny 5.5mm (few hairs shy of diameter of XPG2, Nichia 219B, etc)... attach and pot the driver... solder tiny wires to the LED contacts... sigh... these things proved to be a rather big bite, to be honest... I will probably go ahead and add to everything I already do but two things - they won't be cheap and I won't be able to do many (2-3 a month, maybe 4)... so that's how it looks like from this perspective...

You be the judge of overall look, here are few close-up photos of both... one thing is for sure - they both turned my M3 into very interesting flashlight to grab, not the brightest of the bunch but with a nice throw (around 200 yards/meters) and beautiful spill... spill seems bigger than my Reflector mod (219B) in KX2 head but hotspot is tighter and more concentrated - I didn't have my other EDC Reflector head with XPE2 to compare... :( I'm guessing at least 320 OTF lumens with XPG2 and over 260 OTF lumens with Nichia 219B...

Oh, the circles on the flat area around the tower are post-made, by my beautiful reflector, lol... that was close to glass smoothness but first test with reflector and circle was made... aluminum loves aluminum... :)

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested in the M3 module. I can ship to you my M3 head for perfect fitment. My millenium flashlight need refreshment by a lot of time!

There is no need of shipping of any part of M3... these should pop in any Millennium flashlight and fit Z46 bezel (even M6 with Z46, so called "cucumber" - this is not confirmed yet but I have M6 coming)... heatsinking here is incredible and M3 design helps a lot with cooling fins...