NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TNT eMt3 and eMt6 M-series modules for Surefire M3, M4 and M6...

Default Re: TNT eMt3 and eMt6 M-series modules for Surefire M3, M4 and M6...

Quote Originally Posted by hombreluhrs View Post
    Tana... I just got the drop in You really did a good job machining. It fits my older style M3 very well, and the beam is just like your singLED for e series but bigger One thing I noticed is originally the 3 mode was 3.6-13v and it now says 3.6-9.6v ....was the first one just a typo or did you have to change something? Not that it really matters because I'm using two 17500s, just wondering. Anyway Thanks for making these available to us

jesse
    Delivered in flat 5 days ??? Well, that's probably a record so far... I believe the record was 6 days - pretty good for registered priority from Cro to US...

As for driver, this is a custom thing so nothing is set in stone... for now I'm set on this multi-mode (which is also installed in your module) within this voltage range - it covers 2xli-ion and 3xCR123 so fits the requirements just right...

Oh, btw, thanks to the deeper/bigger reflector, it will throw A LOT better than SingLED... but it does resembles similar beam with less spill...

Here are your pics, posting for you... nice looking old skool M3, btw...

Thanks for posting the pics for me....and yes it did seem to get here pretty quick. O yea the deeper reflector should make a big difference in the the throw. I just got to play with it in the house for a little bit so later on when it's darker, it'll be better. Thanks again man

Oooo...

Excellent work!!!

I will be In for the first m6t available, if possible xpg2 Hicri90 at 1.5amp or higher and 2 levels will be my dream!

Keep us updated!

And again theses modules look spectacular!

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Hello tana, I've been meaning to ask you about the XPE2 for your M3 tower. What is the reasoning for not offering it for this module? I am sure there is a reason, it's just far beyond me. For throw, that seems to be the "go to" for most set-ups. Is there disadvantages to using it in this case?

P.S. Will ship my lights in a day or so. I'll email you tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Quote Originally Posted by el_Pablo View Post
    Excellent work!!!

I will be In for the first m6t available, if possible xpg2 Hicri90 at 1.5amp or higher and 2 levels will be my dream!

Keep us updated!

And again theses modules look spectacular!

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums
    Thanks, el Pablo...

Quote Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
    Hello tana, I've been meaning to ask you about the XPE2 for your M3 tower. What is the reasoning for not offering it for this module? I am sure there is a reason, it's just far beyond me. For throw, that seems to be the "go to" for most set-ups. Is there disadvantages to using it in this case?

P.S. Will ship my lights in a day or so. I'll email you tonight.

I haven't notice any increase in hotspot intensity with XPE2 over XPG2 in shallow reflectors... in deep reflectors, on the other hand is a different story...

And the postman has arrived...

Update:
    For those that are interested in a mn11 comparison.
    A Little less throw. A little less brightness. A hint cooler in color. Very Long battery life. Several battery options. Very little heat. 3 light settings.

DON'T USE THIS FOR BRIGHTNESS COMPARISON. THE ANGLE IS OFF. it's for tint comparison
    Last edited by jso902; 07-31-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Flashaholic*

Tana, I take a bit of time off from CPF due to my workload and now you're manufacturing dropins for M3's (not to mention the P60 TripLED's)! This is incredible!

I just happen to have an SF M3 and two spare Z46's that are gathering dust on my desk. As usual my friend, you keep coming up with amazing things - keep up the great work and I hope you're doing well. I'll send you a pm shortly.
    Looking for: jhanko 'biohazard' V10R Ti clip, Luce de Notte (SS / Ti), SF Z2 (body, complete light, bored, unbored). Pls PM me with an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by RGB_LED View Post
    Tana, I take a bit of time off from CPF due to my workload and now you're manufacturing dropins for M3's (not to mention the P60 TripLED's)! This is incredible!

I just happen to have an SF M3 and two spare Z46's that are gathering dust on my desk. As usual my friend, you keep coming up with amazing things - keep up the great work and I hope you're doing well. I'll send you a pm shortly.
    Thanks, RGB...

This summer I finally got around to knock off few projects from my long awaiting list of things-to-do... I'm happy and my C2 and M3 are happy as well...

Rgb... Ill say this was a great purchase. I love it! By far one of my favorite drop-ins.
    Machined to snug tolerances.
    Anyone on the fence shouldn't hesitate.

Very interested also, gotta dig into some funds for sure. Thanks

recieved my emt3 this week with nichia 219b emitter. awsome build, very clean surface and it fits like a condom!
    nice tint, well centered and a very good heat conduction.

thank you my friend! now i can't wait for emt6
    regards from Germany

Gunter .::TNT Enlightened::.

Finally got enough time and ease of mind to scratch another small project off of my "to-do-list"... Surefire M1 IR Illuminator LED module... or just: eMt1 !!!

It's not perfect solution, there is a narrowing part just underneath the lens that will block about 10% of light bouncing off of the reflector... and hopefully don't ruin beam profile in the process... will know in next day or two if focus and beam is worth the trouble...

Other than that, it should be a nice platform to run Nichia 219B or XPG2 or XPE2 at 1.4 Amps with custom modes and optimized for IMR 16340 cell (or 18350 if anyone goes step forward and bores his/her body - I sure won't, lol)...

Flashaholic*

Any update on the eMt6 module?.

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Finally got enough time and ease of mind to scratch another small project off of my "to-do-list"... Surefire M1 IR Illuminator LED module... or just: eMt1 !!!

It's not perfect solution, there is a narrowing part just underneath the lens that will block about 10% of light bouncing off of the reflector... and hopefully don't ruin beam profile in the process... will know in next day or two if focus and beam is worth the trouble...

Other than that, it should be a nice platform to run Nichia 219B or XPG2 or XPE2 at 1.4 Amps with custom modes and optimized for IMR 16340 cell (or 18350 if anyone goes step forward and bores his/her body - I sure won't, lol)...

that looks amazing. the M1 is a perfect EDC sized light
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

really nice, my friend!

what i miss at the pic is a + spring or is there a flat bottom?
    please share a beamshot if possible! i would like to change my m1 from infrared into only "red".
    regards from Germany

Gunter .::TNT Enlightened::.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freeze View Post
    really nice, my friend!

please share a beamshot if possible! i would like to change my m1 from infrared into only "red".
    same here! I sold my M1 because milky stopped modding (seemingly), but I'd buy an M1 again just to have it made into the ultimate EDC light
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freeze View Post
    really nice, my friend!

Oh, well, it IS a prototype... That's the module with press-fitted reflector for photo session... no driver in place...

Since then I added PCB with Nichia 219B and tested focus - which I did like... now just few more days until I make complete assembly... but I need some copper tape (on order already) that I want to supply with the module - since bezels have different tolerances; I've decided to solve that with adhesive copper tape, it will be more than enough for heat transfer at 1.4 Amps...

IR into red ??? Sure... how about XPE2 red 620nm...

I have dis-assembled M1 in my garage just waiting for a drop-in.

Im also curious about updates on the M6 modules.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
    Any update on the eMt6 module?.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Im also curious about updates on the M6 modules.
    Sorry guys... the lack of a good driver is what prevents this project... it's rather hard to find any buck driver with just simple low/med/high but it's hard to hit one that drives the LED with enough amperage (or drives it too hard), usually have too low voltage cut off to my taste for 3S combinations (ideal would be 5.5V) and usually are controlled with rather low PWM...

So... it's not off the shelves but until I can make something GOOD, it will have to wait and let other projects that are doable now to happen... like this eMt1...

Tana, email coming...

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Tana View Post
    Sorry guys... the lack of a good driver is what prevents this project... it's rather hard to find any buck driver with just simple low/med/high but it's hard to hit one that drives the LED with enough amperage (or drives it too hard), usually have too low voltage cut off to my taste for 3S combinations (ideal would be 5.5V) and usually are controlled with rather low PWM...

So... it's not off the shelves but until I can make something GOOD, it will have to wait and let other projects that are doable now to happen... like this eMt1...
    Is a 2x26500 configuration for the eMt6 a possible solution?.

eMt6 is far from being done (if ever)... unfortunately...

But if it was to happen, then 2x26500 would be a good setup (the "perfect driver" would have to cover from 5.5 to 9.5 volts)...

Hi Tana, will this work in a KL6 Head, the Kind that's on a SF L6 and Porker?

Quote Originally Posted by GusManB View Post
    Hi Tana, will this work in a KL6 Head, the Kind that's on a SF L6 and Porker?
    Definitely not, KL6 is a complete LED head... and porcupine is just too rare to do anything with it, better to stay stock in any way...

Oh, man I hope I can make a proto of new eMt1 with this new tiny reflector I got... hope I can make it this week so we know if I can make more eMt1's or not...

Thanks Tana, you title says M4, are the eMt3 Drop-ins compatible With M4 lights?
    Last edited by GusManB; 03-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Hi Tana, will this work with 2x26500s in series or 2x18650s in Parallel? I want to use an M3 Bezel on an M6 body.

Thanks!

Thanks Tana, you title says M4, are the eMt3 Drop-ins compatible With M4 lights?
    M4 has turbo head (like M6 or M3T)... eMt3 was (need to make update to first post, not making them for now) specifically cut to fit M3 - spring-less design, for better heat transfer...

Hi Tana, will this work with 2x26500s in series or 2x18650s in Parallel? I want to use an M3 Bezel on an M6 body.

Thanks!
    Buck driver or linear with Zener will work with 2s li-ion setup... but 2x26500 can't fit stock M6... 2x18650 is interesting idea as it would work with single cell driver (linear or FET)...
    Last edited by Tana; 03-27-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast