Anybody work on Mac's lights?

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Mac's lights. The American precision craftsmanship is outstanding. I have read in other threads that he is out of the flashlight business now. I would like to upgrade the LED and driver in an EDC SST-50. Are there craftsmen out there who can do this type of work?

IsaacL

Enlightened
ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond has done work on Tri-EDC's. You could try contacting him.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I haven't seen him posting recently, but Flucero28 was/is another option :)

BTW, although the Tri-EDC is great too, I think the SST-50 is my favorite of Macs :thumbsup:

EDIT ... According to a later post (see below) , Flucero28 might not be available now :sigh:

Last edited:

extremescramble

Newly Enlightened
Stewdogg has details of a project I am working on.
I think you have spoken to him regarding this. Do you want him to send over the blank pill I mailed to him so you can check thread compatability ?

Philip.

jkid1911

Enlightened
I haven't seen him posting recently, but Flucero28 was/is another option :)

BTW, although the Tri-EDC is great too, I think the SST-50 is my favorite of Macs :thumbsup:

:twothumbs Sorry for getting sidetracked, but I can't help having to very strongly agree on both counts!

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
extremescramble, Thanks for the generous offer. If a triple works out for this light, I will be very happy. BTW, this EDC SST-50 is nickel plated.
50tq.jpg

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nickel plated SST 50? Was that custom ordered that way from Mac?
I thought the materials Mac worked with was Aluminum, Titanium, Damascus steel, brass and copper.

extremescramble, Thanks for the generous offer. If a triple works out for this light, I will be very happy. BTW, this EDC SST-50 is nickel plated.
50tq.jpg

stewdogg

Enlightened
50tq.jpg

Finally a pic of the light!! It looks really nice!
Lightnot said he had the coating put on... not custom from mac but by Lightnot:)

stewdogg

Enlightened
I would also like to extend a BIG thanks to extremescramble for putting the effort and time into this project! Imagine if I could have a triple in my XML EDC... it would make it better than the Tri EDC for me cause I'll have both in one! I also like the extra length in the XML EDC it seems to fit my hands perfect.
Thanks again extreme!!

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Not flucero28, he is MIA. He has had a special light of mine since March, for a simple mode change. He does not reply to emails or pm's. Other users are experiencing the same thing. He did do a great job on my Macs Tri last year, its a shame his customer service went the way of Mac himself.

extremescramble

Newly Enlightened
You are very welcome guys !
I should have this prototype completed shortly then I will send it back to Stewdogg for final fitting. Family and work are hectic at the moment but I will get this done as quickly as possible. [emoji12]

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello-

Can't wait to see your updates!
I have a Mac's Tri-edc, and XML.
It's nice to know that we have someone who can make some stellar creations here!

bubble

Enlightened
I have a spare Mac's original Tri engine available as I've upgraded mine with SOYCD awesome programable Tri emitter.
If anyone is interested in, get in touch in private, I am not officially selling it but if it can help someone, make me then an offer.