Extended Battery For Smartphone With LED Flashlight

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was starting to research getting an external extended battery for my smartphone and I ran across some that have a built in LED flashlight. I am just wondering if anybody here has tried one of those and how well they work. I really don't have an particular brand or model in mind. It sort of makes sense, in a way, that if you are going to have a rechargeable battery pack, why not add a decent LED light to it. It might be a dandy dual purpose device that way. It can be a flashlight, but it will also power your smartphone.

crazyk4952

Newly Enlightened
Yes one of my usb battery packs has a white led that functions as a flashlight.

I would prefer it did not have the flashlight feature. It's too easy to accidentally activate while it's in your pocket. Also, the led isn't bright enough or focused enough to be useful.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a student once with a powerbank with an actual light, the whole thing looked like a fat 18650 powered light with usb jack on one end and a TIR(yes, optic!) on one end. Put out maybe a bit above 20 lumens.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I have an anker 13Ah pack that I purchased about the 7 months ago. It holds a charge well and is very useful. It also has an LED without reflector or optic, mule style. The light g is activated by a double press of the button. It is useful and I have used it while travelling, but it doesn't compare to a dedicated flashlight especially one that someone on this forum would own. For me the light is not in the way and present if I need it.