Square Trade Warranty for Flashlights

candini

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone here insured their flashlight with the Square Trade Warranty service? I have several electronic items with extended warranties through them and fixing to get the extended warranty on my new Zebralight. I paid $85 for my ZebraLight and getting the 3 yr warranty for just $9 with ST. I have to admit I have never had to use them yet with a problem but the reviews seem pretty good (if they are legit).

Candini

candini

Newly Enlightened
Updated: Much to my regret, Square Trade replied back to me flashlights are one thing they do not cover. Oh well.....:( Hope my ZebraLight will not need repair after the warranty has expired.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you used a credit card for payment, it might be covered by them for an extended period of time. My Visa covers me for an additional year on all purchases.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
My out of warranty ZL SC600w recently stopped working after a pretty good fall onto a concrete floor. I contacted ZL, within 4 hours they gave me an RMA and told me to ship it back to them in Texas, along with a check for $15 (to cover the cost of the repair and return shipping), and said they'd have it back to me in 4-6 weeks.

I can live with that. It's not like I don't have other lights :).

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
My out of warranty ZL SC600w recently stopped working after a pretty good fall onto a concrete floor. I contacted ZL, within 4 hours they gave me an RMA and told me to ship it back to them in Texas, along with a check for $15 (to cover the cost of the repair and return shipping), and said they'd have it back to me in 4-6 weeks.

I can live with that. It's not like I don't have other lights :).

I think that is fantastic... I have heard about manufacturers charging nominal fees for out-of-warranty repairs but have read surprisingly few people ever exercising it.

Please report back your experience.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
reppans, yes, I thought it was fantastic too. I'd heard many folks say that if an out of warranty ZL stopped working, you'd be left with a paper weight, but recently I read that ZL is trying to up their game in the repair area, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I've got a feeling, from the time frame, that they are still going to send this back to China for repair, but heck, at least I don't have to deal with that, and it was only a couple of dollars to stick it in the mail back to their offices in Texas.

I'll let you know how it goes :).

candini

Newly Enlightened
Yeah that is great news! I have read some negative things on this and other forums with under warranty problems and its nice to see just $15 for a repair out of warranty. I now have the H600 and the SC600. My Gemini Xterra was out of warranty by just a few months (they are in Canada) and after sending a short video of the problem, they are sending me an end cap for $5 shipping. I hope this is the problem of course but nice to see it is being addressed. I paid $149 for that light including the charger.