• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired wtb mt-g2 in p60 format running 3-9 Volts

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume you mean Vinh? Searching for Vihn might not get you very far, since that is not his name...

Question for the OP, though. Why would you want to use primaries? Run two 18650s, or even two 18500s, and you'd get more runtime, and it would be WAY cheaper. Primaries really add up...

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
I have one of vinhs Mt-g2 p60s on my belt right now. I love it. I've never tried to run it on primaries. Not sure how they would do..If they would be able to handle the current draw.

That would be a question for the man himself.

I run mine on a pair of 18650s in a solarforce host. I it could be run well on 3 primaries, I would go with a surefire 9p as host.

Perhaps the OP doesn't want to have to recharge the cells. Or maybe not paying for the primaries, could be issued. Who knows.

jso902

Enlightened
Malkoff's wildcat can run a mtg2 with 3 primaries. However, he does state on his web site that you're looking at about 20 minutes on 3 primaries.
Hope that helps.

jaybiz32

Enlightened
I like the idea of primaries as I can keep it on the shelf without worrying about recharging or self discharge. Most of my lights are on rechargeable esp the ones I use most often.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the idea of primaries as I can keep it on the shelf without worrying about recharging or self discharge. Most of my lights are on rechargeable esp the ones I use most often.

Modern li-ion have pretty low self discharge...you could charge it every six months, and always have 90% charge or better. You would also get more runtime...primaries are not particularly good at high loads, and an MT-G2 light definitely qualifies. Just sayin'.

Last edited: