*new* Fenix LD09

kj2

Flashaholic
Fenix has released a AA version of the LD02.

a6uzu8az.jpg

ytedazu3.jpg

enuma9uq.jpg

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Odd how they went backward in the model number. It's pretty much an E12 with a clip and SOS (though it doesn't look like it could tail-stand).

Last edited:

weez82

Enlightened
Come on Fenix! I love the looks of this light but they once again drop the ball with the low mode. This would be a perfect edc/camping/hiking light if it had 1 lumen low mode. Oh well, I think it's time for me to give up hope that Fenix will ever implement a true low mode :(

kj75

Enlightened
Come on Fenix! I love the looks of this light but they once again drop the ball with the low mode. This would be a perfect edc/camping/hiking light if it had 1 lumen low mode. Oh well, I think it's time for me to give up hope that Fenix will ever implement a true low mode :(

I've asked Fenix to add a real low mode....said so many customers want this....Hope the next generation will have good low modes...

kj75

Enlightened
What is the "low mode" used for?

IMO it's needed on every "little" flashlight...and with me many others on this forum...
In real darkness for example 3-8 lumens is to bright for reading. Also the runtime at real low will be more than a month. This can be needed in emergency situations.

GoVegan

Enlightened
What is the "low mode" used for?

The only valid arguments I've ever heard are for camping (in the tent) or going to to the toilet at night while at home.

Sorry but the demand for a moonlight mode for an EDC light just isn't valid for most people. Besides for both examples, camping and especially for taking a pee, a hands free headlight would be the better option.

I have a Quark QPA and the only real use I have for the moonlight mode is as a bedside light.

BTW this Fenix LD09 looks awesome. I'll probably order one.

Last edited:

colight

Enlightened
IMO it's needed on every "little" flashlight...and with me many others on this forum...
In real darkness for example 3-8 lumens is to bright for reading. Also the runtime at real low will be more than a month. This can be needed in emergency situations.

Thanks for your detailed reply,I am nearsighted,so I seldom use low mode,But low mode is really useful for most people.

Last edited:

pblanch

Enlightened
Do you mean forward clicky?

If it does may have a look at it. My LD10 I gave to my nephew as it had the WORST green tint I have ever seen but other than that was a good little torch. But it made me sick to look at it.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does use a reflector or optic? Can't see from the pics.

2nd time posting using the newly installed cpf android app.
Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Candlepowerforums mobile app

lightskies

Newly Enlightened
I love Fenix lights, I own several of them, but I don't understand why anyone would want an LD09.

My EDC is a Maratac AAA which is much smaller, and rated for 138 lumens. Smaller battery, smaller light, and still puts out more light. And it's under $30 when they are in stock.

I guess the LD09 has an SOS feature, but how often do you need that?