My Site has Been HACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtice

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif <font color="red">(Excessive flaming smileys editied out by Saaby to improve page speed)</font>

Someone has hacked my site, and changed all my index files !!!!!
Bad thing is, they caught me at a bad time, and some of the index pages wernt backed up!
Dont ask, I know, it should have been, long story, bad timing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I swear,,, I would put the bastid in the hospital if I knew who it was.

Here is an example. http://trotto.zmoz.com/images/Lumina%20Fun%20Pics/index.htm

Negeltu

Enlightened
Re: My Site has Been HACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... Ir4dex owner you... They can't even get their sentence right.. I know how much it sucks to have your site hacked. Really sorry that you had to experience that. I know... don't say it..but... Make sure ya backup important files immediately...

McGizmo

Flashaholic

That really sucks!!!! I sure would like to meet some of these guys who think what they have done is fun and cool! I can think of some fun and cool things to do to them!! If not to them, certainly their property!

I feel your pain! Bummer!

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like they may have been from the Orient?

jtice

Flashaholic

Ah, sorry Sab, as I understand it, your computer actually only downloads the image once,, and then its in memory, it wont sit there and download it each time.

Yea, I am quit furious!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

no way you can trace them or find out any other way?

i'd gladly perform "services" on these people for free if the expenses were paid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

No problem. It's not a bandwidth issue, it's a performance issue. You get 12,000 dancing hamsters on a page and your browser runs sloooooowwwwwww...

raggie33

*the raggedier*

[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
No problem. It's not a bandwidth issue, it's a performance issue. You get 12,000 dancing hamsters on a page and your browser runs sloooooowwwwwww...

[/ QUOTE ]
ya on a mac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif kiddin still love my ipod

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ticey, what phuckers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif You were firewalled?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

you might actually be able to trace them if you save all your log files off. But really, once you're hacked you have to wipe the box and start over. Who knows how long they have had access and what they have patched or changed. You have to do this in a hurry otherwise they may use your machine as a stepping off place for other attacks. They have played their hand though by changing the files, so they obviously don't expect you to just let it hang around.

I notice that you're running a fairly recent version of apache on red had linux, which should be nice and secure. I would turn off the damnable front page extensions though. I have never used them but they used to be a source of problems.

Really, start from scratch on the box, thats the only way you can be sure you got rid of these guys. Backup all the logs and shut it down now.

So, was your root password "admin" or "secret"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Bushman said:
Sounds like they may have been from the Orient?

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck is that about? I think the guy just used a spell checker and it changed 'ownz' to 'owner'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

James, *I* dont host the site.
Its ZMOZ. Which I have has alot fo problems with anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh well, I just havent had the time,, I will rebuild, and host somewhere else I suppose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to hear you got hacked jtice. You could try searching for a cached copy of your old site. If you're lucky you might be able to find a copy you can simply save. How long has it been since you made backups? If its not too long ago, it might not be worth the effort. Maybe someone here can help you find one of those site that cache the web. I was looking among my favorite, but no luck so far. Anyway, good luck.

Not to make light (pun intended), but at least your flashlight photo album seem to be okay! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic

How infuriating! Examples must be made so hackers will get the message: mandatory jailtime plus 30 minutes in a basement room with a dozen angry Flashaholics.

Brightnorm

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
anyone care to... ah,, kill them ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tell Roth that they created the caps lock key and I'm sure this will be taken care of immediately. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

tell me about it!

i was typing along merrily in chat today, when my worthless finger brushed that loathed button, causing me to type an entire word(!) in capitol letter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

i was so upset, i did this to my keyboard:
rothskeyboard.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

i always do that to my boards roth