Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: My Site has Been HACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default My Site has Been HACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] <font color="red">(Excessive flaming smileys editied out by Saaby to improve page speed)</font>

Someone has hacked my site, and changed all my index files !!!!!
    Bad thing is, they caught me at a bad time, and some of the index pages wernt backed up!
    Dont ask, I know, it should have been, long story, bad timing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I swear,,, I would put the bastid in the hospital if I knew who it was.

Here is an example. http://trotto.zmoz.com/images/Lumina...Pics/index.htm

Default Re: My Site has Been HACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ass holezzz...

Default Re: My Site has Been HACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... Ir4dex owner you... They can't even get their sentence right.. I know how much it sucks to have your site hacked. Really sorry that you had to experience that. I know... don't say it..but... Make sure ya backup important files immediately...

That really sucks!!!! I sure would like to meet some of these guys who think what they have done is fun and cool! I can think of some fun and cool things to do to them!! If not to them, certainly their property!

I feel your pain! Bummer!

Sounds like they may have been from the Orient?

Ah, sorry Sab, as I understand it, your computer actually only downloads the image once,, and then its in memory, it wont sit there and download it each time.

Yea, I am quit furious!

no way you can trace them or find out any other way?

i'd gladly perform "services" on these people for free if the expenses were paid [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

*Flashaholic*

No problem. It's not a bandwidth issue, it's a performance issue. You get 12,000 dancing hamsters on a page and your browser runs sloooooowwwwwww...

[ QUOTE ]
    Saaby said:
    No problem. It's not a bandwidth issue, it's a performance issue. You get 12,000 dancing hamsters on a page and your browser runs sloooooowwwwwww...

[/ QUOTE ]
    ya on a mac [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] kiddin still love my ipod

Ticey, what phuckers! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] You were firewalled?

you might actually be able to trace them if you save all your log files off. But really, once you're hacked you have to wipe the box and start over. Who knows how long they have had access and what they have patched or changed. You have to do this in a hurry otherwise they may use your machine as a stepping off place for other attacks. They have played their hand though by changing the files, so they obviously don't expect you to just let it hang around.

I notice that you're running a fairly recent version of apache on red had linux, which should be nice and secure. I would turn off the damnable front page extensions though. I have never used them but they used to be a source of problems.

Really, start from scratch on the box, thats the only way you can be sure you got rid of these guys. Backup all the logs and shut it down now.

So, was your root password "admin" or "secret"? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Bushman said:
    Sounds like they may have been from the Orient?

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck is that about? I think the guy just used a spell checker and it changed 'ownz' to 'owner'. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

James, *I* dont host the site.
    Its ZMOZ. Which I have has alot fo problems with anyway. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Oh well, I just havent had the time,, I will rebuild, and host somewhere else I suppose. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear you got hacked jtice. You could try searching for a cached copy of your old site. If you're lucky you might be able to find a copy you can simply save. How long has it been since you made backups? If its not too long ago, it might not be worth the effort. Maybe someone here can help you find one of those site that cache the web. I was looking among my favorite, but no luck so far. Anyway, good luck.

Not to make light (pun intended), but at least your flashlight photo album seem to be okay! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

How infuriating! Examples must be made so hackers will get the message: mandatory jailtime plus 30 minutes in a basement room with a dozen angry Flashaholics.

Brightnorm

Well, this is who hacked me.
    http://www.tr0yck.blogger.com.br/

anyone care to... ah,, kill them ?

[ QUOTE ]
    jtice said:
    anyone care to... ah,, kill them ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tell Roth that they created the caps lock key and I'm sure this will be taken care of immediately. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyurl.com/8zu5t

If Google has spidered your site, you might try looking up the page content and clicking on 'cached'. Your index file *might* turn up again. Good luck.

tell me about it!

i was typing along merrily in chat today, when my worthless finger brushed that loathed button, causing me to type an entire word(!) in capitol letter! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

i was so upset, i did this to my keyboard:

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i always do that to my boards roth

Flashaholic*

Ticey, be very glad it was not one of your computers that got hacked.

Looks like Zmoz is laking in security.

Silver Moderator

Hello Jtice,

I was just looking for some beam shots the other day and noticed your site was a bit weird. I did not realize what had happened and forgot to mention it to you.

Bummer...

Tom

Silver,

All of my pics, and other pages are there, and working.
    But, all the pages that were named index.htm have been replaced.
    So, some pages, like my photo ablums are not working, sence there is an index page for each ablum. Guns, Car, Cave, Hike, etc.

I will have to rebuild each of those index pages.
    I will try to do it over the holidays.

My appologies for anyone trying to access the BeamShot DataBase.

That's why. Your webhost provider's server run off linux and stay away the redhat or any linux. They have few security holes. You see, I am a system administrator managed 11 servers with FreeBSD. It's very reliable and security. It's all about the system administrator, and how the sys admin's security skills/experience. I get lot DoS attack, crack/hack attempt more than 100,000. God knows! I played place a Cobalt (with linux), a WinXP workstation and rest 11 of FreeBSD unix servers. Only the crackers/hackers successful broke in on Cobalt Linux (piece of sh*t) and I proved my partner who is the one wanted Cobalt (he was drooled piece of hardware) and I told him against it. He ignored me till it happened.. He learned something really not very great security. so I run a WinXP workstation with firewall bridge router. Never had any break in or success get in my winxp workstation for long time. For FreeBSD unix servers NEVER had any break or success hack in!

Again, It is all about sys admin! If the sys admin is excellent in security maintence and keep up to date. It will be OK!

Linux Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) FrontPage/5.0.2.2623 mod_python/2.7.8 Python/1.5.2 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26