Eagletac D25A stopped working.. trouble-shooting help needed

ruriimasu

Enlightened
As per title, do help.

It stopped lighting up. I cleaned up everything, popped in a few fresh batteries just to make sure. A few days later which was last night, I tried again. This time, somehow I loosened the head by about 1cm off the body and gently depressed the tail switch, it lit up. A fully depressed switch didn't light the flashlight though.

What could be wrong?

whtwalker

Newly Enlightened
The same thing happened to my d25a today. It works intermittently, but only on low and just flickers off. There wasn't any moisture in the tube or head. I emailed eagletac and still waiting for a response. I only had the light less than a month. I use it as my deck and never dropped. I hope this is just a bad one.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may be a problem with the clicky switch retaining ring being loose. I have had several D25A and not had any problems but I have had a similar problem with other lights. Hopefully Eagletac CS will get back to you soon. The few times I have emailed them they responded fairly quickly.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I think it is the clicky switch problem. Can I fix it myself? How do i take apart the switch?

Yep... I agree. That's in the troubleshooting guide. One of the main reasons I posted a link to it.

I have not all that many lights, but had that as a problem on 2 or 3 of them... very easy to fix.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fixing things yourself will void any warranty, send it back for a refund or replacement if you have not had it long, take no bs off the supplier and demand your rights

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is the clicky switch problem. Can I fix it myself? How do i take apart the switch?

I have not ever taken out the clicky on my D25A models. You should wait to hear back from CS and see what they say to do, to be on the safe side regarding warranty issues.