What would be your last flashlight?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this on another forum. Though it was a cool thread.

If you could only buy 1 more flashlight for the rest of your life. What would it be? Not asking what would last you, just what would be your choice if it was the last piece of your collection ?

A custom piece?
A insane performer?
Something you have been putting off?

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
Very tough. Problem is that the last one I will ever purchase is not made yet. As car manufacturers are looking to put laser headlights to the cars, I'm waiting for that laser flashlight that will light for miles in a relatively compact package with decent run times and at reasonable costs. In other words, I'll be waiting a long time.

ven

Flashaholic
I would like a custom,maybe a gizmo(not sure which) so a nice ti edc light,something that would be with me all the time so not large/heavy as they tend to be the ones i leave at home(unless specific use) :laughing:

So for me it would be along those lines :)

Could cheat and say a solarforce host or alike and 100 different drop ins:p

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha good one ven.

Yeah a trit encrusted, Timascus masterpiece was my thoughts.

Custom to the max, but performance like a "vn"

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a practical sense (discounting lights I would never buy in the first place), I would choose the Nitecore TM26. Tons of flood, enough throw for most any use (more would be nice, but I can get by with 200 meters of real, usable throw), excellent regulation and efficiency (meaning great runtime), the OLED for both fun and convenience, small enough to EDC if you needed to (I have carried it all day at work), and I like the look (no problem with rolling on this beast). Not many lights have the versatility of the TM26.

scout24

Flashaholic
McGizmo Haiku for edc use, or a P60 based larger light (6P, C2, 9P, etc.) for around the house use, etc. Both choices based on future upgradeability. :)

kbuzbee

Enlightened
For 99.995% of my needs, I already own it. Yes, that D25Cvn is that good. Bright enough. Low enough. Very pocketable. It may well be my ideal light. Hasn't stopped me from picking up a few others but it's beginning to impact the AD. ;)

Ken

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Ken, I already own it. Probably a boring answer, but the Zebralight SC600 (version 1) has stayed in my pocket every night at work since it was released, and yes, it dramatically reduced my need for buying other lights.

The versatility of the UI, the long runtime, the very stable tail standing, the feel of it in my hand, and the electronic side switch, all combine to give me a light that fits virtually all my needs, and with the clip, it fits neatly in my pocket ready for use, which it gets all night long.

Yes, I do have a Fenix LD01 on my keyring for backup, and a 4 Sevens Penlight in my suit jacket inside pocket for double backup, but so far I've only used those for fun. And while I'm still using my Fenix LD2 as my bicycle light, that's only because it was performing that duty before I got the SC600, but the ZL could easily take that on as well.

Yep, the SC600 has saved me a ton of money, because every time I start looking at new lights, I have justify what they could do that the ZL couldn't, and so far the only contender has been the ZL SC62, with it's even slimmer profile.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If get-lit ever finished his project, I would like a Nitesword. Barring that, I think a Nitecore TM34. I already have a TM11 which I dearly love, but the extra lumens and battery life of the TM34 is very attractive.

kj2

Flashaholic
If get-lit ever finished his project, I would like a Nitesword. Barring that, I think a Nitecore TM34. I already have a TM11 which I dearly love, but the extra lumens and battery life of the TM34 is very attractive.

TM34? New coming light? :p

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

TM34? As far as I know, that doesn't exist...you hoping for something in particular?

And, I see kj2 beat me to it...

mbw_151

Enlightened
My last light would be something so outrageously expensive that it causes my wife to put me in one of those 12 step programs. "Hi, I'm Mac and I'm a recovering flashaholic ...."