HELP! Olight m22 vs Eagletac G25C2 MKII

advancedtac

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to buy a new light TODAY needs to be able to fit in my pocket. ( less than 7 inches long)

I like the advertised 1001ft range of the Olight M22 and the "950" lumens.

But I also like the eagletac'a g25c2 cause it has reported higher lumens that I just saw In a review to be less than the olights?

Anyone have any recommendations? Or familiar with these 2 lights and what would you suggest

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

warmurf

Enlightened
There is so little difference in performance and quality of these lights- I'd pick the Eagletac for better pocket carrying due to the smaller diameter head (less bulge in your pocket) but that would be it for me- both lights are excellent. Look up the Eagletac TX25C2- brilliant thrower, much smaller profile and easy in the pocket- and slightly more lumens- been carrying one of these for months and it hasn't faulted.

radiopej

Enlightened
I'd say EagleTac, provided both of these meet your sizing requirements and you're just choosing between them.

The difference in lumens wouldn't really be noticeable, but the EagleTac has much better mode options and is more customized.

Bigpal

Enlightened
Are you set on one of these two? I'd go Olight for reliability and beam profile. If you would consider something else, check out the 2014 Thrunite TN12. Massive output for its size, only a little over 5" and priced right.

Selfbuilt's TN12 review

Last edited:

TheVat26

Enlightened
Check Virtuovice on YouTube and search a M22 and G25C2 review. Good video and will show the beam differences.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Betwee those two, I'd get an Olight M22.
Assuming you'll need a thrower within that price range, size and type of light I'd definitely get an ArmyTek Predator (Pro or normal). Light output might be a bit lower, but nothing you'll notice in practice. If you don't need a thrower, I'd go for something much smaller, like the TN12, SC600-II or even a simple D25LC2.

wvdavidr

Newly Enlightened
I have/had both. They are similar in throw and flood. My M22 is working fine. My G25C2 MKII failed and is on a vacation back to China. I expect to see it this fall, if ever. If it wasn't for that (hard to ignore, like death) I'd take the Eagletac. IOW, take the Olight!
Dave