Lego EV3 -Universal, High Performance, Autonomous Car

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Hello flashlight people! Been a long time sense I posted here

Flashlights and LED's where a gateway for my interest in Technology and Engineering. I have sense been studying robotics engineering, and robotics education.
I now work as a robotics instructor at a local school, and teach STEM subjects using EV3 robotics as a catalyst to provide incentive for learning.

I just started making videos of the robots I design.

This is the Autonomous Car. I designed instructions, and kids build it. Then I would give them missions to complete with it. It can follow a line with the color sensor, or avoid obstacles with the ultrasonic sensor. I am still producing content for the program. I am thinking of real life applications of autonomous cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEou8mtcxhU

What would you program an autonomous car to do?

Share and like if you think the video is cool :)

slungshot

Newly Enlightened
If your kids have a large interest in the NXT you could try to get them in a GEAR(Get Excited About Robotics) or FIRST Lego League competition, or get the past challenges from there to have them try to solve.

I am impressed with the remote control that you made, I mostly use power functions which is a similar Lego motor but directly plugs in without the need for programming.

have you tried to make any off road vehicles with independent suspension or a 4wd car?

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
Thanks for the tips, we are very involved with FIRST especially FLL. I have made cars with different suspension types, I dont often make videos of my robots, but I will publish a video of an off road version soon. Suspenssion with rubber bands, and shocks too, getting power to the wheels is a challenge.
I dislike using the power function + IR remote, because it offers no programmable freedom, and the user control is strictly 2-state; on-off for accelerating and turning.

slungshot

Newly Enlightened
I participated and mentored in many FLL in the past, the reason I ask about suspension is I mostly make cars/vehicles that climb over objects almost like a truck trial. Though recently more of it has been a city type vehicle that I have been designing.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums