NEW Version DQG AAA V*

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I've been reading a lot on this website. Great forum! This is my first post though.
I bought a Fandyfire UV-S5 about a year ago for big power.
An ITP A3 EOS followed by an Olight I3S. Pink Tank 007 for my girlfriend. I like the small AAA lights for EDC.

I'm very happy with them, but I want to buy a new AAA light. Smaller, better.
Love the I3S, only dislike the M-H-L setting.

I would like a light to start in moonlight mode and as small and light as possible with a usable beam (no mule) and long endurance on AAA eneloop. High power is nice to have as well. I actually like a light with strobe. Needs a clip, leash and should be able to tailstand.

I was looking at the "NEW Version DQG AAA V" on CNqualitygoods.com. I think it has it all except strobe. High could be higher, but I can use a 10440 for that. Don't want the Ti version since I dislike trits on my lights.

Anybody has experience with this light? I wonder what the big differences are compared to the IV version. Is the low setting comparable with the moonlight on the I3S?

Any other recommendations?

BlueSwede

Newly Enlightened
I think Olight i3s has the lowest moonlight with 0,5 lm (which is probably why it starts on medium instead) and a medium of 20 lm and high being 80 lm. A nice little light... I like it.

The DQG only has two modes... low and high (2~5 lm & 60 lm). No medium setting that gives balance between light and battery life.

Have you looked at the new Fenix E05 2014 Edition (8 lm, 25 lm & 85 lm)? It will give you a less pronounced hotspot compared to the Olight i3s but still much better throw than a mule. I have the original E05 and I really like the beam pattern but have always wished it had more modes. Do I need to say that I've already pre-ordered one? :)

http://fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=136&tid=11&cid=1#

714201413319AM6670.gif

The only thing it's missing from your list is the clip but maybe you can borrow one from one of your other lights? On my E05 I'm using the clip from a AAA Led Lenser penlight.

Brgds... /BlueSwede

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the original E05 and I really like the beam pattern but have always wished it had more modes.

The new E05 does not have the same beam as the original. The old E05 had a sort of frosted optic while the new one has clear center optic, it is a lot more throwy than the old one. Excellent light suggestion though.

BlueSwede

Newly Enlightened
The new E05 does not have the same beam as the original. The old E05 had a sort of frosted optic while the new one has clear center optic, it is a lot more throwy than the old one. Excellent light suggestion though.

Oh... I didn't realize that, I was hoping it had the same frosted lens. Well, well... I might have to put some window privacy film on it then just like I did on my Olight S20 (the one to the left) and some other lights as well.

privacyfilm.jpg

Brgds... /BlueSwede

buds224

Enlightened
I must have the previous model, coz I got mine in titanium without the tritium. I love the neutral white it comes with but was a slightly disappointed that the max lumen on a 10440 stepped down after 10 secs. Not sure if the new one does that.

I EDC it around my neck on a lanyard and it's been handy more than once. Still worth every penny considering the amount of light vs. its size.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for responding.

The Fenix looks nice, but too much like the I3S. I want it to be as small as possible, E05 is just way too big :laughing:

I like the size of the Preon P0, but I need more throw.

The DQG stepdown on 10440 would be a disappointment.. Can't find it in the description. Maybe I'll give them an email.

I just noticed they have a small charger adapter, wich looks pretty cool as well.

buds224

Enlightened
Thank you for responding.

The Fenix looks nice, but too much like the I3S. I want it to be as small as possible, E05 is just way too big :laughing:

I like the size of the Preon P0, but I need more throw.

The DQG stepdown on 10440 would be a disappointment.. Can't find it in the description. Maybe I'll give them an email.

I just noticed they have a small charger adapter, wich looks pretty cool as well.

I'm not sure if we're looking at the same URL, but I'm looking at the one labeled, item#CNQ001673 and in the *UI section of the description, it does mention the step down after 10 seconds.

Just to be clear, even with the step down, the light is very bright for its size, but the WOW factor lasts 10 seconds, then it's, "impressive" after the step down. Still beats out many aaa lights I've used.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Just sent them an email. Nice quick response. It has indeed the same driver as the Ti version. So with stepdown unfortunately.

Still I ordered the SS one with 10440 charger adapter. Makes a nice small travel charger with my samsung phone charger.

Let's see if it can replace my I3S!