MICRO-LUX TURBO ALL METALS IN STOCK

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
awesome!

microlux-turbo.jpg

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
14813575184_9aa073636f_o.jpg

So, the batteries finally arrived... For a light this size, the output and throw are pretty impressive! :thumbsup:
Oh, and they're really superbly made. :twothumbs

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
jonwkng, nice set up. Just curious what the weight difference is of the brass, copper and nickle plated ones. Do you have a way of weighing them? I carry the nickle one on my keys. I have a scale and can measure mine. I am seriously considering the copper. I love the look of patina on copper. I just don't want my keys to weigh much more. :thumbsup:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, Str8stroke!
These make pretty awesome keychain lights. Here we go. Efest IMR I'm using is about 9gm. Here are the weights of the lights, without the battery, in case anyone else is curious- EN Plated weighs in at about 30gm., Titanium at about 39gm, Brass at about 65gm and Copper at about 68gm. I'm using my wife's digital baking scale that measures to the nearest 1gm. (So please pardon me if the weights are off) :p

Capolini

Banned
Can this light use AAA Enloop? There is a mention of NO Alkaline but nothing pertaining to Enloops.

I have IMR's for it,,,,,,,,,,I also have Enloops [ if useable] that I could use in the pinch!

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roberto

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can this light use AAA Enloop? There is a mention of NO Alkaline but nothing pertaining to Enloops.

I have IMR's for it,,,,,,,,,,I also have Enloops [ if useable] that I could use in the pinch!

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roberto

Hi Roberto!
Nope... These lights are strictly 10440 only. Will not run on Alkalines, so Eneloops won't drive them either.

Capolini

Banned
Hi Roberto!
Nope... These lights are strictly 10440 only. Will not run on Alkalines, so Eneloops won't drive them either.

ok,thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my Four[4] Efest 350mAh IMR 10440 anxiously await the arrival of the Copper Flavored MICRO-LUX TURBO Tomorrow!! :)

Capolini

Banned
Sorry to start off with my disappointments,,,hopefully when the batteries are charged it will not matter.The beam profile will determine everything.

There is a chip or a bubble on the lens. Look at 12 O'Clock right above the LED. I can not determine which. I know it is not dirt/dust.My guess is a chip,,,I looked at it several times w/ a magnifying glass.

Also,minor but still bothersome! What about a SPARE O'Ring? This is a $180 light!

MICROLUX-TURBO9182014002_zps9731469d.jpg

MICROLUX-TURBO9182014004_zpsd015f624.jpg

Capolini

Banned
If you look at the two pictures you can see the reflection of the defect towards the bottom center of the LED.

When I shine it on a White wall you can notice a little dark spot in the hot spot. It is slight, but it is there.

What is bothersome to me is that I discussed this w/ Bob because of an issue that str8stroke had with his. His did NOT affect the beam profile. Mine does.

Not sure what I am going to do yet. I do know if I send it back I want a refund, not another one.

Capolini

Banned
ok,,,,,,,,just got done an operation w/ Chris's guidance. He was right, it is on the LED dome.

Right after hanging up the phone with him the defect was verified and I was able to see it

It is on the side of the LED dome, next to the RED wire. It is not a nick,it is a burn mark[slightly melted] most likely caused by the soldering iron.

ZzmadzZ

Newly Enlightened
Keep us updated on how tnc handle your case. It's a bummer that the light isn't perfect:(. Hope that they will take care of you!

Capolini

Banned
Keep us updated on how tnc handle your case. It's a bummer that the light isn't perfect:(. Hope that they will take care of you!

This wasn't about "The light being perfect". It was about the "possibility" of the light failing due to defect.

Bob[RMSK,Inc.] handled it very well. He issued me a full refund. :)

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Follow up:

I just received the light back that supposedly had a bubble in the optic, but that was ruled out after a conversation, then it was speculated there was a burn mark from the soldering iron. This was not the case either.

As soon as the light came in I shined it on a while wall about 3 feet away and there was nothing noticeable in the beam at all. The beam looked perfect. But I guess if you think there is something there you might be able to see something. I saw nothing 3-feet from a white wall.

After removing the module I was able to see the dome of the LED very clear. I should have taken a picture before wiping the dome of the LED. looked like there might have been a splash of flux on the side of the dome. Very small but it was visible. Using air did not remove it but I was able to wipe it of easily. Dust seems to stick to these silicone domes fairly easy.

There are warranties on these lights due to possible failures. If the light actually fails it would get fixed for free. A light is not going to fail from a little spec of dust or similar on the side of the dome.

Capolini

Banned
Follow up:

I just received the light back that supposedly had a bubble in the optic, but that was ruled out after a conversation, then it was speculated there was a burn mark from the soldering iron. This was not the case either.

As soon as the light came in I shined it on a while wall about 3 feet away and there was nothing noticeable in the beam at all. The beam looked perfect. But I guess if you think there is something there you might be able to see something. I saw nothing 3-feet from a white wall.

After removing the module I was able to see the dome of the LED very clear. I should have taken a picture before wiping the dome of the LED. looked like there might have been a splash of flux on the side of the dome. Very small but it was visible. Using air did not remove it but I was able to wipe it of easily. Dust seems to stick to these silicone domes fairly easy.

There are warranties on these lights due to possible failures. If the light actually fails it would get fixed for free. A light is not going to fail from a little spec of dust or similar on the side of the dome.

OK,so a light won't fail from a little spec of dust. Didn't you also say it had some flux that could not be removed by air??? So there was more than a spec of dust. Maybe the flux would not lead to failure either.

Al I know is I paid $180 for the light, it had a foreign object on the side of the dome and I am glad I got my refund back!!

Capolini

Banned
Follow up:

a few more thoughts.

Chris,

Did you ever consider taking any responsibility for the sloppiness of your employee?

It seems that most of your reply is JUSTIFYING that it is OK and ACCEPTABLE to have something like this on your light as long as or until the light fails.

That says a lot about your product and your customer service abilities.

Last edited: