Botach G2

2dogs

Enlightened
OK, I jumped in. I ordered a G2 for 29.95 and 20 123s for an extra 20.00. Heres hoping I get what I ordered in a reasonable time, if not I have none to fault but me.

ab

Enlightened
Dan at Tactical Warehouse has the G2 for $US 27 and you'll never get a hassle buying from him.

Dan's customer service is beyond excellent - you won't go wrong.

icon14.gif

A.

WaltH

Enlightened
Tactical Warehouse and Texas Tactical are both reputable dealers. I have dealt with both of them and never had a problem. I will not go back to Botach. I read all the horror stories but still used them because of their prices...until I myself was burned on the battery bait and switch.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I can vouch for TTS over Botach. I've done two orders from Botach and never again. I'm only on my second order from TTS, but I doubt they'll do wrong by me.

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Botach has it on selection and sale prices, but they are a company of last resort for me. Only if Texas Tactical Supply or Arizona Gun Runners doesn't have it.

In the long run, I've come away with prices equal to Botach if TTS/AZGR carries it, and the good service makes it cheaper!

If you have to deal with Botach, I have learned two tricks. If you order something because you received an E-Mail ad, and you do it right away (like within 24 hours), they have it in stock and its not an issue. Any other time you are even thinking of ordering from that company, you sure as hell better check with Lucy in Customer Service to find out if its even there first. If it is, you'll be fine. Lucy is really the only shining star surrounded by a whole lot of crap there...

Like I said, if some other company like TTS has it, I won't even take my chances BBBB (being/been burned by Botach)! Hey, I like that...it should be a new CPF acronym! BBBB!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you like the G2. It's a great little light. Check your lamp assembly when you get the light. My P60 was not properly centered and Surefire sent me a replacement.

Cheers.

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
I'd go Texas Tactical for 1st choice. They have great prices and great service. I just placed my 2nd order from Botach. My first was a vector hydrastorm and my one today was a Force 5. They didnt ship it today, so I'm gonna call them tomarrow.

eb

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Onyx,

Yep that is all it took. Even though the beam shape was not too bad (the filament was not too far from the focal point) they were happy to send a replacement. I offered to send them the offending lamp assembly.

I don't have a camera to post pics
frown.gif
. The lamp was potted askew in the reflector. The replacement was better but not perfect; its lamp is also potted slightly askew. My older P60's and P61's were nearly perfectly potted. Go figure.

Cheers.

Mikke2

Newly Enlightened
I'm also considering giving in to my flashlight wants and have been considering Botach despite their reputation, but...

At the moment I'm eying the G2 as well as a Scorpion, and Botach have both at a good price.

Situation isn't made easier when considering I'm in Sweden...

So I guess what I'm looking for is someone who has both models at right price (and possibly batteries as well), take credit card, and are willing to send them to Sweden in a descrete package that doesn't attact the customs attention (Tactical this ot that in big letters will probably cost me 30% extra...).

Oh, and hi all btw.
smile.gif

nihraguk

Enlightened
Mikke2: if you don't need the focusing bezel of the scorpion, i suggest you get the G2. from all the reports i've read about the scorpion here, the rubber sleeve is very troublesome and easy to tear, and the switch can be damaged if dropped. the design of the G2 is more robust IMHO and the new price makes it very worthwhile
smile.gif

Mikke2

Newly Enlightened
Just to make it clear, at those prices I will probably buy both, always fun to be able to do a little comparing.
smile.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I'd go for the G2 too, if only for the brandname. Try Ebay sellers - they can be more reasonable for international shipping. Online stores usually want to charge the most expensive/quickest way, which can cost more than the product being shipped.

My G2's P60 is more egg shaped than the infamous 'oval'. I wonder if a call to SF is worth it (considering where I am!)
wink.gif

finboy1672

Newly Enlightened
Onyx,

I just got my first Surefire - a Z3. Its very nice, but I noticed that the beam shape is very oval. Is this abnormal? Should the beam be more round?

Blikbok

Enlightened
Some 9 volt SF lamps have a oval shape to the hotspot. It's common, but I think you should be able to get it replaced. I'd recommend getting a spare and then calling SF-- you should have a spare anyway, and you'll have some basis of comparison.

IIRC, the high-output lamps (200lu P91) aren't as oval as the low-output lamps in 9v.

AZMAN

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I'm new here and this is my first post. I am looking to buy my first Surefire flashlight the G2.

ab said the G2 is $27 at tacticalwarehouse. The only price I see for it is $30.60 Am I missing something??