PlanetChristmas 2003 LOTS OF LIGHTS

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
planetchristmas

This is the guy whose lights put Clark Griswald's house to shame!

DSCF0109.JPG

NEED MORE WIRES!

DSCF0119.JPG

DSCF0120.JPG

He moved it to a local church this year, but remember, that up until last year, he set this up at his house!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
There's a house in the Fremont area near Seattle that has like 40,000 or 45,000 lights (it was on the 10:00 news last week). Clark Griswold's house in Christmas Vacation only had 25,000 lights.
Wonder how many lights this Planet Christmas house has...
roll2.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chuck has 201000 lights at his Symphony of Lights this year. He has had over 130000 on his house in previous years. I`ve known about Chuck Smith`s Planet Christmas for ages now, it really is something else, and is partially my inspiration too. Not that I`ll ever computer-synchronise everything to music because our narrow street couldn`t support people pulling up outside and watching for ages. It`s bad enough when people slow down or stop for a minute or two to see my current display!

See: http://planetchristmas.com/FAQs.htm for more details of Planet Christmas 2003 (and past years), and: http://planetchristmas.com/Media.htm for media coverage and links to behind the scenes videos.

10 miles of cable! I`ve probably only got a few hundred feet here, and I thought my display was big.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Now that's quite a display! Nice collection of other displays on the site as well!

...and Chris, your's is looking very good as well! I can't imagine the amount of time & work that goes into it! You've done a good job with the website also. I'll get my family in here around the monitor tomorrow and we'll be going on a "Holiday Lights" tour without trudging out into the cold & snow (though we'll end up doing that anyway, part of the fun!).

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man, That is a lot of lights. My display only has 450 total bulbs. Only thing is that I think I'm the only one with LED lights mixed in.

I wonder how much current do I have to draw before I shut down the power grid?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!