Fenix E05 - 2014 Edition (not SS)

markr6

Flashaholic
Interested in this new model. WHY do none of the dealers or even Fenix list the mode sequence???

Edit: sequence is LOW>MED>HIGH :thumbsup:

I'm thinking about trying a larger light on my keychain. I'm currently using a Photon.

·Cree XP-E2 LED with a lifespan of 50000 hours
·Uses one AAA battery
·66.5mm(Length)*15mm(Diameter)
·12.5g weight (excluding battery)
·Digitally regulated output – maintains constant brightness
·Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
·Reliable twist switch
·Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
·Premium type 3 hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Just noticed the animated gif on their site shows Low>Medium>High, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it is that way. I would like it to start in Low, though.

BobG

Newly Enlightened
Since it is a twist switch I am guessing that the sequence is low, med, hi... the further you twist the head the higher the light output. At least this is the way my thrunite Ti (2 mode) works.

rickyro

Enlightened
Why is this? I figured they would basically be the same.
No. I got two ss last week. There's a circle of bump in the middle of the head. Above it is just hot notification. Below it is a shallow circle of knurling. If they can do some flutes in that bump.

markr6

Flashaholic
Got it! Here's the mode sequence...

(deleted...apparently that was the SS version manual)

Last edited:

feifei

Banned
No. I got two ss last week. There's a circle of bump in the middle of the head. Above it is just hot notification. Below it is a shallow circle of knurling. If they can do some flutes in that bump.

Do you like it? Is it a bit heavy to put the SS to your key chain as it is over 30 grams?

markr6

Flashaholic
I just pre-ordered one. Ideally, I would get an L08 Nichia 219, but I don't like the large head on it. I like the E05 size and UI so I'll take a chance on the tint (I usually don't like cool whites)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just pre-ordered one. Ideally, I would get an L08 Nichia 219, but I don't like the large head on it. I like the E05 size and UI so I'll take a chance on the tint (I usually don't like cool whites)

Please post a review after it arrives.

rickyro

Enlightened
Do you like it? Is it a bit heavy to put the SS to your key chain as it is over 30 grams?

No, I don't like it at all. Already put in some other posts, but here are the reasons again:
1. low light (8 lumens) too bright for me
2. sharp edges in the four grooves on the body
3. very slippy head, knurling position too low and too shallow. should put some flutes in that lump, will help a lot with the grip
4. greenish tint
5. focus to spill transition not so smooth

I like my new Peak Eiger Nichia 219 small optic very much instead for the perfect beam and tint, which now sits on my keychain. I just ordered one AL lug body from Oveready to make a tuxedo version (SS head, AL body) to reduce the weight, which I should have done from the beginning. The knurling of Peak Eiger SS really looks ugly here and there, not tidy and uniformed. Even the pictures on Oveready's website show the ugliness very clearly. Hope the AL body will be better since AL is much softer.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I already ordered the new E05, but the new Thrunite Ti3 looks like it could be a contender! Much lower runtime on high though @ 120lm. Interested in finding out more specs when available.

Firefly:0.04Lm(115h)
Low:12 Lm(6.3h)
High:120Lm(0.5h)
Strobe:120Lm(1 hour)

p.s. now that I think about it, they really blew it with the 120lm mode. I like the firefly, but 120lm @ .5hr is a waste. Getting at least an hour with less output would have sold me.

Last edited:

Berkshirehunter

Newly Enlightened
Can we see some pictures?

imagejpg2_zps32495777.jpg