D25Cvn

hanzo

Newly Enlightened
Got a new EDC light from Vinh. And a target of opportunity as I went home tonight. My phone camera skill is not up to par. I aimed the light on turbo at the tree about 200-300 feet away. Then looks at my phone to take the picture. I must have aimed slightly down since the hot spot looks like it is in front of the tree. Pretty bright and really good spill.

zamy9u7e.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Its a fantastic little light,love mine and as you i use as my edc .
On the left,de-dome is the d25cvn fed on an IMR 16340 efest cell:)

hanzo

Newly Enlightened
Its a fantastic little light,love mine and as you i use as my edc .
On the left,de-dome is the d25cvn fed on an IMR 16340 efest cell:)

Aloha Ven, you have a lot of titanium goodness there. Have you determined the run times on the d25cvn yet?

ven

Flashaholic
Hi hanzo, i have never ran the 16340 down,most of the time its used in medium as very bright,then after "so many uses" i just charge cell.

:thumbsup:

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
That's funny, I just sent the link to this light (Vihns version) to my girlfriend so she knows what to get me next time we exchange gifts....if I can wait that long. Super cool light and totally gonna replace a V11R as my EDC.

ven

Flashaholic
I prefer the d25cvn for its size(and output) ,i will rotate with my v11r though. Both fed IMR16340

Like your style :laughing:

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
Do you guys have the XPG2 Dedome or the XML2 PDT? It looks like those are the options and I'm not sure which is better for me. I assume the XML2 is brighter with slightly less throw and better tint..is that close?

ven

Flashaholic
Iirc the xpg2 has a little more spill and brighter but does not throw quite as far as the xml2 .Dont quote me though(not best at remembering):laughing: ,info should be on the thread

whtwalker

Newly Enlightened
I have the XPG2 Dedome and got it a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure vinh mentioned that the XPG2 has better throw. I told him, I wanted the option with the best throw. The tint, to me, looks like a neutralish warm tint. I love this light and edc it most of the time. I don't have a light in this size or mid-size that can compete with this little monster.

Do you guys have the XPG2 Dedome or the XML2 PDT? It looks like those are the options and I'm not sure which is better for me. I assume the XML2 is brighter with slightly less throw and better tint..is that close?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have the D25Cvn with the XPE2, (Earlier version) with the amps cranked way up, and it throws like a wee mo fo...I think ~ 40 k cd from a teeny 16340 IMR, which is super handy.

hanzo

Newly Enlightened
I prefer the d25cvn for its size(and output) ,i will rotate with my v11r though. Both fed IMR16340

Like your style :laughing:

Where do you get your IMR 16340 and charger? My Tenergy batteries and/or charger failed me. Went nova on me. Got super hot in a very short time and batteries leaked in the charger. Glad I didn't leave it unattended. The smell from the leaking alerted me that something was amiss.

Vinh suggested Kinoko 16340, but the site hasn't responded to my question about what charger to use. Customer service is important to me. Tenergy responded right away, but because I didn't have a receipt, they said just throw away what I have. Doesn't help me much.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about ven, but if you can spring for it I would recommend the Xtar VP1 or VP2 for the chargers, and either Kinoko or Efest IMR 16340.

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ven, Whtwalker, and Teej! I'm leaning towards the XML2 PDT.

Where do you get your IMR 16340 and charger? My Tenergy batteries and/or charger failed me. Went nova on me. Got super hot in a very short time and batteries leaked in the charger. Glad I didn't leave it unattended. The smell from the leaking alerted me that something was amiss.

I got 4 Efest IMR 16340's from Mountain Electronics, someone on these forums recommended them. The price seems reasonable and shipping isn't free but it's cheap. Then I bought a Nitecore i4 2014 version from Amazon. I've never had any problem with either of those purchases being used together and I've been less than attentive to the batteries while charging on occasion. I've discharged them to 2.5v and they're fine, I've left them sitting in the charger for a few hours after they were fully charged and they're fine. Obviously you'll want to be a little nicer to them and those are rare occurrences of neglect, but those batteries and that charger work very well together in my experience.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xml2 PDT is what have and I'm in love. Perfect for edc uses.
I also use efest from mtnelectronics. Lol
Good job all around.

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
Aloha Ven, you have a lot of titanium goodness there. Have you determined the run times on the d25cvn yet?

Funny, if the D25C on the right side is stock, I own the same three lights. You really can see the advantages of a vn mod when you can do a side-by-side comparison.

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
I've just never used AW...yet. I may pick up an AW 14500 but it's 100 mah small and nearly twice the price of Efest

hanzo

Newly Enlightened
For my fellow D25Cvn users, a question or two. I am new to mine and just started to use it and learn it. At this point, I don't really care about the strobes, just the light.

Ok, here goes... When I run it on primaries, I get the four main light modes, but turbo is just a little brighter than high. Also on turbo, it gets hot within a minute or two. When I run 16340's, high and turbo appear the same brightness. And on high, it is hot within seconds.

Is this normal? What do you guys experience in terms of how the modes operate and the heat when using different batteries? Mahalo in advance.