USB Rechargeable LED Flashlights

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking to find out some more information about USB rechargeable LED flashlights. I know about the Inova T3R and the Klarus lights. Who else has them and which ones are good choices?

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore MH25 seems to work well for me. I take it on car trips and charge it the same as my phone.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The INOVA T3R is a solid little light. It lacks the power of most of the other lights but offers the advantage of stable output throughout its runtime.

I reviewed the FourSevens MMR-X a while back and liked it enough to buy it. It offers the advantage of being able to be used with a standard 18650 in a pinch (although it can't be charged in the light).

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an Olight R-40 Seeker that charges with a USB mini plug. It charges from the computer or wall with the adapter supplied by Olight. Charger for the car can be purchased anywhere.... I find it bright, useful, and controllable. 3 light levels with memory.... The side switch gives it an old-school feel when using it.

ven

Flashaholic
I have 3 off the top of my head, nitecore P25(single cell) and TM15(4x18650) ,Olight sr52vn(3x18650)

I do like having the option of charging in house, makes it more flexible ...........saves having to take a charger with you as well.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the Olight R40, XTAR R30, and Olight SR52. I find that I really appreciate the fact that the Olight's are recharged by micro-usb instead of some other style port, because the micro-usb is used to charge so many types of devices, so I already have several of the cords around the house/car/work and I don't need to keep a special charger with me. The SR52 is the only one of these that can take primary cells in a pinch, which I like to have the option for if I need it, but that means 6xCR123's, which isn't too practical.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rather like the size and interface of the Fenix UC40UE I picked up last month. It has a decent size, can use 2xCR123 or a regular 18650 in a pinch, and the side switch is nice to have in a light not meant to be held in an overhead grip. Plus, the modes are decently spaced out (10/110/400/920 lumens). Also, it tail stands decently and uses a regular microUSB plug.

One thing a lot of the lights on the above list miss, IMO, are decent low-middle modes. The SR52 is particularly bad for that. I'd have gone with the Maelstrom, if it didn't require a special jack to on the included cable versus the more easily available microUSB.

EDIT: the Maelstrom has the microUSB port. Might have to review my choices- the moonlight modes are tempting for around the house uses.

Last edited:

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have narrowed my search a bit further and I want a light that runs on a single 18650 battery.