*new coming* Fenix CL20

kj2

Flashaholic
Just saw this on Facebook.

New Fenix lights, but what is that CL20???

av2z61.png

kj2

Flashaholic
My first guess is that it's something for camping. Set it on a table/hang it, and light-up the whole area.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Why not... Night light, camping / tent light, sort of a lantern if you put it down, attach it to stuff in a storage room etc.
With the right way to attach it to something this could be a very useful light. Think in the direction of a magnetic base or a justin clamp type of thing...

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read some comments on another site that this might not be very practical for the price. It seems that the output and runtime is not enough to be that useful. I can't really comment on that since I don't go camping and don't own one. :shrug:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will repeat what i have said before,i can see Fenix shifting its focus from supplying hobby stores to going full out to hit retail and give Led Lenser and Maglite some real competition.

I for one cannot wait.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will repeat what i have said before,i can see Fenix shifting its focus from supplying hobby stores to going full out to hit retail and give Led Lenser and Maglite some real competition.

I for one cannot wait.

In my country Led Lenser and Maglite are not well known. People just usually buy cheap lights off the shelves of supermarkets or minimarts. Brands such as Eveready, Energizer and no-name chinese lights are common. Also the Maglites that are sold here at Ace Hardware are quite expensive though making them on par or higher in terms of price compared to Fenix. Surefire lights are also sold but at explosive prices!!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my country Led Lenser and Maglite are not well known. People just usually buy cheap lights off the shelves of supermarkets or minimarts. Brands such as Eveready, Energizer and no-name chinese lights are common. Also the Maglites that are sold here at Ace Hardware are quite expensive though making them on par or higher in terms of price compared to Fenix. Surefire lights are also sold but at explosive prices!!

Do you live in a first world country? Eveready died out here donkies ago but Energizer and Duracell and cheap imports dominate the low end kitchen drawer type lights,the upmarket side is dominated by the makes LL and Mag,in Germany i found the same.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malaysia is where I live. Eveready batteries are still sold too. Guess they are still reaping profits here.

ven

Flashaholic
I really like it too,love the size,love the output levels even though lowest is adequate in a tent

Lubricated the dry O ring and loop AA fed x2

For in here when we go camping last minute

Other lights whilst camping
tn36vn/quad pd35vn xpl 5000 and 6500k/d25c ti Neutral/viking pro 2.5 cool

Metal loop ideal for attaching to tent

Not used magnets yet but would be ideal for working under the hood etc etc

Do like the press and hold for on/off,double press for red flash and press for low red to preserve night vision. Simple mode select via a press at a time. Just easy UI that you learn within 5 seconds of playing. I need a few of these :laughing: