Surefire L5 Body?

Heck

Enlightened
I received a L5 with a blemish on the body, and not on the bezel like others have been experiencing. SF told me a RMA will take 60-90 days, which I think is unacceptable.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a L5 body alone and how much they'd go for?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The L5 is a M2 or C2 body( + an extra O-ring). If you are looking for a body that has the identification of L5, I think you will be hard pressed to find one. If I had a L5 body in perfect condition I'd offer to trade you but I don't. Sorry and good luck.

EDIT: I think Jon is in *complete* agreement with you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heck

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the link belyo....although that body is for a M2....yeah I know they are the same but I rather have a L5 etching...just my preference...packaging is everything in marketing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So as that auction is $63 USD + shipping..I see this blemish as a $70 USD 0.7mm diameter blemish. Damn....I'm losing this one here...I guess it's possible 3 long months without a light.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Herky,

Sorry to hear that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif How big is the blemish?

All this talk of cosmetic issues (either on the bezel or body) has me a little worried. My order is being shipped, so it is very likely to be from a similar early run/batch. Like most of you, I probably baby my lights as well. I guess it is time to baby them less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Good luck.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of blemishes...I just rec'd my L5, and on the rear portion of the body (on the flat surface) I have what appear to be two parallel lines. These lines look almost like cracks, covered with the HA3. On this same side, there's a rough spot in the aluminum, that was covered with the anodization.

-dan

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Ill wait till Surefire notices and changes the packaging on the new L-series lights. Seems like I havent heard of a single person without some type of blemish on their new lights.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i thought i'd mention most of the surefires i got new did come with small blemishes. an M2 i had came with a small ding, that i assume was put there during the manufacturing since it was covered with HA. a new M3 i had a small spot of anodizing missing near one of the cooling fins, and an A2 i have came with two spots of anodizing missing. a C2 i have also came with a small ding that was covered with anodizing, which would indicate the ding was put there during the manufacturing process.

to be honest i never really considered them defects, but rather manufacturing marks like machining scratches, etc. heck, even all arc LS's come with two spots of anodizing missing on the inside of the bezel, in zip lock bags, cost almost as much as the surefires (at least the L5), and no one complains! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

leng

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MTFD17 said:
I think Ill wait till Surefire notices and changes the packaging on the new L-series lights. Seems like I havent heard of a single person without some type of blemish on their new lights.

[/ QUOTE ]
I suppose I lucked out I didnt have any blemishes on my L5.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif