The Zombie and Vampire apocalypse survival light thread?!

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Ok so here we go, a spin off of the usual survival light thread.

Assuming the world has been overrun with Blood sucking vampires and brain eating zombies what light would you use and why, what modification would you make and why, and lastly what feature ect do you want it to have and why?

You must start with stock of the shelf light but can mod it however you want.

Hope this provides some entertainment value and if so maby we can think of some other spin off in the future.

Maby if this gets some common starting options from everyone we can hold a poll and see which light is the most used as a start point and thus the best.

Some inspiration for features:

UV Tmack made lasers? Solo charging ports? Garlic storage end cap?

Who knows, let me know what you would pick, try to think of both the general survival aspect for the light as well as the added thread of having your brains and blood feasted on while you sleep.

Ill check on this thread every six hours if I remeber =)

Good luck, hope you all make it though to morning so we can lunch the resistance!

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Ok so here we go, a spin off of the usual survival light thread.

Assuming the world has been overrun with Blood sucking vampires and brain eating zombies what light would you use and why, what modification would you make and why, and lastly what feature ect do you want it to have and why?

You must start with stock of the shelf light but can mod it however you want.

Hope this provides some entertainment value and if so maby we can think of some other spin off in the future.

Maby if this gets some common starting options from everyone we can hold a poll and see which light is the most used as a start point and thus the best.

Some inspiration for features:

UV Tmack made lasers? Solo charging ports? Garlic storage end cap?

Who knows, let me know what you would pick, try to think of both the general survival aspect for the light as well as the added thread of having your brains and blood feasted on while you sleep.

Ill check on this thread every six hours if I remeber =)

Good luck, hope you all make it though to morning so we can lunch the resistance!

Solarforce gladiator massaged by vinh for super low lows and super high highs? With an interchangeable tmack head

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Solarforce gladiator massaged by vinh for super low lows and super high highs? With an interchangeable tmack head
OOh I like?Sharpend bezels ofcourse? and as for that Tmac head, had better make it a 3W 300-400nm?

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Well this was a flop, you know when you have a great idea that you think is genius and it turns out it was just another dumb idea,...lol. Ill get my coat...I failed. =( HAHAHA!

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
A hand crank/solar/shake to charge flashlight would probably be best because those mechanisms would hopefully outlast a ton of the limited supply of batteries. As a flashaholic I hate to say it but a flashlight probably isn't helpful most of the time in a zombie situation since it will attract them more than it will help you see. The exception being in totally dark rooms where your eyes can't adjust no matter how long you wait.

dss_777

Enlightened
Best way to modify a tactical flashlight is to hang a capable firearm off it, IMNSHO. ;)

So, start with a Surefire EAG Fury, and add a simple mod: a BCM lightweight mid-length M4 style carbine attached at the 4 o'clock position with a Larue mount.

See the Zombies. Shoot the Zombies.

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
One you have batteries for would be good.
An ultra violet emitter to show where those Zombies "go."
Music by Rob Zombie.
Looks like it could be one of my many Solarforces, complete with A001 head
T2eC16JzQE9s3squwBRknQnJiIw60_35_zps36002a35.jpg

and attack bezel
product_377_zps1a8732e9.jpg

b9467bbf-d751-4341-b79c-8d75d8e76b22_zps4f5c0d88.jpg

for using the 18650's and CR123A's or my AA EDC Nitecore MT2A.
Now, about the sharp and pointy tools, I've got bags, or should that be bagfuls to choose from, trading for batteries so even the smaller choppers will come in handy. Fiskars Campaxe X5 for the soft option and a slip joint for defence.
magnum_majestic_zps5a270120.jpg

And for those trips for "supplies"
IMG_7254pbucket.jpg

BRING IT ON!!

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
One you have batteries for would be good.
An ultra violet emitter to show where those Zombies "go."
Music by Rob Zombie.
Looks like it could be one of my many Solarforces, complete with A001 head
T2eC16JzQE9s3squwBRknQnJiIw60_35_zps36002a35.jpg

and attack bezel
product_377_zps1a8732e9.jpg

b9467bbf-d751-4341-b79c-8d75d8e76b22_zps4f5c0d88.jpg

for using the 18650's and CR123A's or my AA EDC Nitecore MT2A.
Now, about the sharp and pointy tools, I've got bags, or should that be bagfuls to choose from, trading for batteries so even the smaller choppers will come in handy. Fiskars Campaxe X5 for the soft option and a slip joint for defence.
magnum_majestic_zps5a270120.jpg

And for those trips for "supplies"
IMG_7254pbucket.jpg

BRING IT ON!!

This guy has too much time on his hands....well thought through.

Lol like the ideas everyone let's see if this can be kept going.

I'm still rooting on UV lasers for the vampires and attaching that to a 20mm grenade launcher that fires gas round filled with garlic...not sure on the zombie front though.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Kroma Mil-Spec, Hands Down. Red. Blue, IR, Night Vision Green, and two levels of white. Oh, and tough as nails of course!

wjv

Enlightened
I would use my Fenix PD32UE and modify it by attaching a Mini-14 or a AR-15 to it. . . . . :D

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This guy has too much time on his hands....well thought through.

The sharp things can get lodged in zombie flesh and hard to get back out. Blunt trauma to the brain is best way to take out a zombie.

It is not clear why sunlight kills a vampire though. Could be the UV rays as vamps don't have the pigmentation in their skin to protect themselves from the harshness of the UV rays.

So a high powered UV drop-in, in a Mag 6D perhaps? Who has got too much time?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
As a flashaholic I hate to say it but a flashlight probably isn't helpful most of the time in a zombie situation since it will attract them more than it will help you see.

That's why you bring a remote control. Leave it off to the side, drawing them away as you sneak in and out.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sincerely honored I am considered in your doomsday , vampire /zombie, survival equipment needs.

Here's my stuff. :D

9e3aqejy.jpg

The mossberg already has a nice light and laser setup, but it looks like a 5w c-mount uv diode is in order ;)

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sincerely honored I am considered in your doomsday , vampire /zombie, survival equipment needs.

Here's my stuff. :D

The mossberg already has a nice light and laser setup, but it looks like a 5w c-mount uv diode is in order ;)

I was about to tell you ditch the shotgun and grab a box fed semi auto rifle, but then I saw you're in MD :(