Surefire G2Z lens?

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
Is it Pyrex, plastic, or...? Will it melt if used with the P61 lamp?

BTW; local police store has a disply model Streamlight Scorpian that must have been left on, bezel down. there is a nice hole melted in the lens.

DevL

Newly Enlightened
Only the regular G2 uses Lexan and it "can" melt if left turned on with a P61 turned face down accidentally. All other Surefire lenses are Pyrex to my knowledge.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
AR15, you can tell the police store to send in the Scorpion to SL and they'll replace the lens. You can also ask to buy the Scorpion off of them for a cheap price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jason

Size15's

Flashaholic
You can put the G2Z Pyrex Bezel on the G2 if you wanted:
SureFire%20G2s%20with%20G2Z%20Bezels%2064.jpg

I'd prefer to just use the G2Z unless of course you are building a three SF123A and using a different TailCap than the G2's (which does not LockOut).

Al

DumboRAT

Enlightened
I've managed to "bubble"/warp two of the standard Lexan lenses with use of P61s after EXTENDED runs.

While the Pyrex will prevent this from happening, you've gotta remember that it's a trade off for more thermal protection against shock/chip resistance with the Lexan.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Balance these two factors out, and you'll be Good-to-Go.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Filament

Newly Enlightened
Is there any way to get a lock-out tailcap on the G2, i.e. will the tailcap from a G2Z fit on a G2? Anybody created a mod for this?

P.S. Sorry if these are redundant questions - new member.