HDS Systems EDC # 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Sounds like mess of lights should be rolling into peoples hands the next two weeks or so. You will really like the N170 I think. It's a great blend of adequate output, nice beam distribution and excellent Nichia tint. I am looking forward to being able to use mine again when the low-mode runtime test is over. :popcorn:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the last thread I asked about what other use for mounting their lights to bikes, thanks all for the responses. Hondo, your homemade setup looks pretty good, thanks for including the pics. Oddly enough I post the question today and later I get a universal mount as a gift (they knew I was looking for such). I received a Nite Ize Lite Ride GT universal mount, it secures with 'gear ties' and seems pretty good. I'll have to see how securely it holds, don't want the rotary flying off with a bad jolt.

DaveSebring, looking at the pics of the 200 and 250 side by side it seems the 250 has a slight green tint and less spill when compared to the 200 (xpg). Is that the case or is that just the way the pics came out? Between the two (xpg, xpg2), which do you prefer?

DaveSebring

Newly Enlightened
Funny looks the other way around to me, the 200 looks a touch green to me next to the 250 which looks very neutral between the 200 and the Hi CRI.

EDIT: ok I just took a closer look at that picture and your right it's just a crappy picture... Lol it does NOT look green in real life to me anyway, but it certainly looks green in that picture. Oh well camera phone.

My favorite currently is the Hi CRI followed closely by the 250 . The 200 has a perm spot on the night table.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading towards the end of #16 about some nice new treats in the newer firmware. The 4-click candle mode, lower mode, etc. Is this documented anywhere on HDS that anyone's aware of that mentions these features. I would assume that any new orders made would include these features.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Systems EDC needs a fresh re-start, and this is it, #17.

Then we should start it off right with some pics!
thisthreadneedsmoreHDS.jpg

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I'm posting in this new thread just to say I got in on page one... I love my two HDS 200 Clickys and I look forward to everything coming up in the HDS lineup now that production seems to be back on track.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are some great pictures. Let me see if I can find one that I took.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calipsoii, the light in the middle with the red emitter, a mod or the model currently offered by HDS?

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny looks the other way around to me, the 200 looks a touch green to me next to the 250 which looks very neutral between the 200 and the Hi CRI.

My favorite currently is the Hi CRI followed closely by the 250 . The 200 has a perm spot on the night table.

OK. What about the spill, the 200 looks like at has more then the 250. Is it just the pics again or is the 200 floody and the 250 throwy?

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calipsoii, the light in the middle with the red emitter, a mod or the model currently offered by HDS?

The 85Tr (and its rarer cousin, the 100Tr) are long out of production. They were a stock light, no mods. The red LED is a polarity protection diode that Henry wired up into the lighting rotation. He posted ages ago saying that the red LED was not a reverse-polarity indicator but every Osram datasheet I've ever read indicates that it is so I don't know which to believe. Maybe he'll stop by and correct me. :laughing:

Hogo commented in HDS #16 that the 85Tr days are over but that perhaps there's something new on the horizon, so I guess we'll wait and see!

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pics :twothumbs

There is a ton of history captured in the 17 (and counting) threads devoted to these lights. Going back and reading through them provides some insight into the development process as well as some of the highs and lows as the product has evolved. In case it would be of interest to a HDS "newbie" or a die-hard fan who has too much time on their hands, I thought I would create a table of contents with links back to the old threads that make up this series. This is by no means a comprehensive list of all threads related to Ra Lights or HDS.

Someone should write a book about this someday!

Last edited:

Hilux

Newly Enlightened
I just received my replacement executive 140 and man am I stoked! It seems to perform even better than the light it replaced and came with the extras Easter egg modes to boot. It's the perfect complement for my two rotary 250's! I'm new to the forum btw but have been lurking for quite a while. Greetings to you all!

nbp

Flashaholic
I was reading towards the end of #16 about some nice new treats in the newer firmware. The 4-click candle mode, lower mode, etc. Is this documented anywhere on HDS that anyone's aware of that mentions these features. I would assume that any new orders made would include these features.

The new booklets indicate the low mode is now .02 lms, and also the quad click toggles on/off the locator beacon. The quintuple click for makeout mode is an easter egg that one of the members found and enlightened us all to. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts