Olight S-15 Baton Ti

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
I'm about to buy an Olight S-15 Ti and I can't find much info about it, Supposedly it's a Neutral White version of the standard S-15 but obviously made of Ti instead of HAIII Aluminum. Does anybody have one that can talk about the benefit the $30 premium gets me?

Thanks All!

rioimmagina

Enlightened
I'm about to buy an Olight S-15 Ti and I can't find much info about it, Supposedly it's a Neutral White version of the standard S-15 but obviously made of Ti instead of HAIII Aluminum. Does anybody have one that can talk about the benefit the $30 premium gets me?

Thanks All!
I have an S10 ti. Awesome light. Ugly tint. Very nice build and UI. I believe it worths the premium compared to the Al version.

PhatPhil

Newly Enlightened

Thanks All!

Would be interested to see what you think of the tint when you receive it - how neutral/warm it is?

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
I'll get the light maybe this week or next week and post some pics and thoughts since there doesn't seem to be much about this light.

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
It came in yesterday and after a night of playing with it here are my thoughts in order:

• Kind of heavy
  • Shiny!
  • Better lube up those threads
  • Eneloops fit well
  • How does this UI work?
  • Oh that makes sense
  • Nice warm tint
  • Pretty good throw for such a shallow reflector and XML2
  • Why won't it stick horizontally to metal stuff via the magnet?
  • Wow! this UI is great!
  • I think I need to recharge the batteries

I replaced a Fenix LD22 with this and a quick comparison is that the olight is better. It has a nice warm/cool ~4000k tint that gets lower as you switch to dimmer levels. I'd say it bottoms out at 3000k just from my eye but I found it rather nice compared to all my cool white tint lights.

The UI deserves a mention because the modes are really really well spaced, more so than any other light I have that doesn't have a variable control ring. With 3 brightness modes and a hidden moonlight and strobe I found that from lighting up a tree top to navigating a dark house without waking anyone up this light has the perfect brightness level.

The biggest downside is the Ti part because it's so pretty I don't want to use it and make it dirty or scratched. It's also fairly heavy compared to other 2AA Al lights, I can only assume it's because it is made of Ti but I don't have the Al version of this light so I can't say really.

I hope someone might find this useful and if not feel free to ask any questions about it and I'll try and answer what I can, I was really surprised how little information there is floating around about this light.

PhatPhil

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your thoughts.

Just had a quick Google. Surprised that the S15 TI is heavier at 63grams versus the regular S15 at 46grams.

The polished TI just looks soooo good!

jak

Enlightened
Does anybody have one that can talk about the benefit the $30 premium gets me?
I see that you've already got one now, but here are my thoughts anyway. $30 gets you titanium and neutral white. And as you have discovered, it gets you a heavier light, thus reducing the effectiveness of the magnet. Mine also came with an AA extender, also made of titanium.

All I really wanted was the neutral white, but the only way to get that was with titanium. Now I worry about it scratching too much. The magnet problem hasn't been to troublesome for me. In retrospect, I probably would have benefited from the aluminum version more. (But I would have always wondered about the titanium one.)

I still really like mine. And I actually prefer to run it on Eneloops as opposed to li-ion. I like the spacing of the modes better that way.

In any version of the S15, the only thing this light needs to be among the very best is a battery indicator.