Let’s see your oldschool Zebralights!

markr6

Flashaholic
I've become more of a Zebralight fan over the past 2 years. But I missed out on the older models like H501, SC30, etc. So, let's see 'em if you got 'em! My newest is an H51w, so I'll sit this one out :)

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have my H50. There is no older Zebralight than that. I still use it a lot, as nothing has ever beat it for reading in bed. Widest beam of any Zebralight ever made.

bansuri

Enlightened
I still have my H50. There is no older Zebralight than that. I still use it a lot, as nothing has ever beat it for reading in bed. Widest beam of any Zebralight ever made.
Exactly! My daughter likes to read herself to sleep with her H50 neutral, my little brother has my original cool H50 and he uses it often.
I've tried to entice my daughter to trade up for a newer one but she won't have it. Simplicity, a true classic.
Here's an ugly old pic:

dgnqw.jpg

Nice enough to use as a headlamp or small flashlight. I know there is a strong argument for a clicky in headlamps, but this twisty was easy enough to activate with one hand.

Wrapped up for travel
2duguww.jpg

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a recent pic of my oldest Zebralight (H50) next to my newest Zebralight (SC52w L2) .

I still own 3 H50 Q5 headlamps, and I've also not found a better light for reading.

20140513_111230.jpg

eff

Enlightened
Here's a pic of my SC51 next to my HDS tactical (the zebra is my main EDC light, but also serves as a headlamp when the need arises)

DSC00100_800_x_600.jpg

Lithium466

Enlightened
I have a H31fc which I still use everyday, it is my main headlamp :)
To read I also use an H502c, the oldest model with Luxeon Rebel.

I never had the oportunity to get a SC80c, I wish I did when they were still available :mecry:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good stuff, thanks! H50, wow...the ZL look sure changed.

The biggest change came early, IMO, with the decision to drop the twisty interface and incorporate the switch into all models.

Those who have not handled an H50 would be shocked at how small and lightweight it is comparatively. My H51fw makes the H50 look tiny, and the H51 feels much heavier on the headband also.

LlF

Newly Enlightened
I have to keep the clip on the h502 so when I grab it without looking, I can have a feel of its orientation. Now seeing the picture of its ancestors, it must be very difficult to find which side is the head, and which way the light is going to shine.