Elzetta Bravo with Malkoff M361N-LMH dropin?

DQD

Newly Enlightened
I've been tempted to get an Elzetta, but I really like lights with several modes, including a low low mode. I read in a review somewhere that the Malkoff MD2 with the high/low switch could take the M361N-LMH dropin to create a light with six modes, including some low low ones. (Link to the review).

Does anyone know if this dropin could be used with one of the new Elzetta Bravo (2xCR123) lights? If used with Elzetta's high/low switch would it result in six modes? That would be an awesome light.

Last edited:

Redhat703

Enlightened
I've been tempted to get an Elzetta, but I really like lights with several modes, including a low low mode. I read in a review somewhere that the Malkoff MD2 with the high/low switch could take the M361N-LMH dropin to create a light with six modes, including some low low ones. (Link to the review).

Does anyone know if this dropin could be used with one of the new Elzetta Bravo (2xCR123) lights? If used with Elzetta's high/low switch would it result in six modes? That would be an awesome light.
The new Elzetta Bravo uses a completely new head which is not compatible with the Malkoff drop-in Mxx series. However, you could buy an old Elzetta head kits (available at Elzetta page) for the M361N-LMH. This will give you 6 modes.

DQD

Newly Enlightened
The new Elzetta Bravo uses a completely new head which is not compatible with the Malkoff drop-in Mxx series. However, you could buy an old Elzetta head kits (available at Elzetta page) for the M361N-LMH. This will give you 6 modes.

Thanks, Redhat703! On the Elzetta site, in the "Parts & Accessories" section I see that I can buy bezels (standard, crenellated, or low profile) that look empty and sell for $21 to $26, or the AVS Bezel/modules, which sell for over $100. I assume that the AVS heads are the new heads you mentioned that aren't compatible with Malkoff modules, but the standalone bezels could be used with M60 dropins. So, I would just need to buy a 2-cell body, a tailcap, and a bezel, and then purchase the dropin and lens from Malkoff, right?

Confusing for a newbie! Maybe I should just stick with the Malkoff MD2 as the host. Its advantages over the Elzetta are that it will surely fit the M361N-LMH dropin, can be used with an 18650, and looks like it might be able to tailstand.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done limited testing with the M361 in an MD2, but it definitely operates in the way noted. I've bever tried it in a Bravo, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Since my M361 is in a 6P, it only took me a few seconds to drop it into an empty Elzetta head, and yep, it works. There are three standard output levels with tailcap tight, and three distinct lower output levels with tailcap loose.

DQD

Newly Enlightened
I've done limited testing with the M361 in an MD2, but it definitely operates in the way noted. I've bever tried it in a Bravo, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Since my M361 is in a 6P, it only took me a few seconds to drop it into an empty Elzetta head, and yep, it works. There are three standard output levels with tailcap tight, and three distinct lower output levels with tailcap loose.

Awesome! Thanks! Now I've got a decision to make... MD2 or Bravo.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - with the MD2, you will need the high/low ring to get 6 modes.