Suprising flashlight Run-in this afternoon

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
So I am a server at restaurant to support myself while I get LEO certified, and the first table I have this afternoon is 5 casually dressed business men. I take their orders and go to make their salads. I come back and what do I see on their table??? Four Surefire boxes with brand new M2s in each one! I was stunned. Their boss took them out for Christmas lunch and bought each of them an M2 and had them engraved with their company logo. I immediately said, WOW, nice lights. And mentioned I had a couple Surefires too. I ended up explaining all of the features of the light to them and explained how it was pretty much the highest quality, most durable handheld light they could buy. Their boss was pretty impressed that I knew more about them than he did. Personally I think he just bought the most expensive light he could find, not really knowing why it was so expensive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Anyway, it made my day to see those beautiful lights. (The $20 tip helped too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

paulr

Flashaholic
Is that boss hiring? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I asked the exact same thing! They work for some small consulting firm I'd never heard of. Don't really even know what consultants do, so they weren't too interested in me...

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Nice boss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a feeling the lights have nothing to do with their line of consulting, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's very /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I hope you told them where to buy batteries!

hamhanded

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MXDan said:Don't really even know what consultants do, so they weren't too interested in me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! They consult. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I did in fact mention a few places online to buy batts!! And expressed how to never ever to look for them at stores, as they would waste WAY too much money that way. They were mostly dumbfounded that their 'server' could inform them of their lights in such a profound way!

I was quite pleased with myself!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's very cool. The only way it could possibly have been more cool would have been if you had an M6 on you, whipped it out and said something like..."Yeah, I like those well enough, but I opted for the BIG Surefire light." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wilkey

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MXDan said:
Don't really even know what consultants do, so they weren't too interested in me...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds to me like you're already a (albeit unpaid) "Flashlight Consultant" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif