Have McGizmo / Aleph light engine, need body + head + reflector to fit it.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I've been using a McGizmo AMC Mule with datiLED Nichia UV light engine. It's a more than fantastic 3 stage light engine, but for macro photography purposes I'd really like to have the option of using this in a reflector light.

However, I'm not very familliar with various degrees of compatibility. From what I understood, the light engine can would fit in something like an Aleph A19, McGizmo Haiku, Sundrop (regular and XR-U) and Mule, but those are all way out of budget or tricky to find.
I was thinking of buying a vital gear FB1 and some sort of head + reflector that can fit this light engine.

Any tips on what would fit this and which parts to source?

A full light that I can just swap light engines between would be even better, but budget-wise that would have to max out around $100, maybe $150 for something nice.

By the way, this is the thread with the light engines: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...UV-Light-Engines-for-Aleph-amp-McGizmo-Lights

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Instead of buying a complete new host (head, body, tailcap) to swap the lightengine you could buy just a new head to swap the light engine and use it on your AMC mule. The sandwhich shoppe has some aleph heads left (mule and A19 with reflector), bare aluminum too. So the FB1 would not be neccessary but on the other hand it´s not that much to get one.

Eric

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Instead of buying a complete new host (head, body, tailcap) to swap the lightengine you could buy just a new head to swap the light engine and use it on your AMC mule. The sandwhich shoppe has some aleph heads left (mule and A19 with reflector), bare aluminum too. So the FB1 would not be neccessary but on the other hand it´s not that much to get one.

Eric

Thanks Eric, I got the same suggestion from datiled and it locks like that head with reflector will work well. I hope the natural version will somewhat match the AMC mule.