CMG Tracer

Overload

Newly Enlightened
CMG's website has a new announcement about a new LED headlamp. I can't find any other information about it. Anyone heard or seen more?
Overload in Colorado

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
From CMG's Site [ QUOTE ]
Check out our new Tracer Headlamp. Using a Single AAA this regulated, Ultra light, sleek headlamp emits a 30 foot beam from two LED's and weighs in at less than two ounces. Available this holiday at all EMS stores. MSRP $25.00

[/ QUOTE ]
Not on EMS's site-just Ultra and Sonic.
Sounds like a good light. Would rather AA but AAA far better than coin cells. Must be like a Sonic size with strap. Just my guesses. Thanks for pointing it out.

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh cool, I've been wanting someone to make something like that, though I too would have preferred an AA.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
You mean this one?

(click on pic)

Well, the loooooooooooooong link worked in my preview...search for "headlamp" on Eastern Mountain Sports homepage. It's under EMS Tracer, not CMG.

paulr

Flashaholic
The link works ok for me, thanks! I wonder why they bothered to use a top strap for such a lightweight light, and whether you can remove it and still have a properly operating (still tiltable and doesn't fall off) headlamp. Note that they say it weighs 1.8 ounces but they don't specify whether that includes the battery (about 1/2 oz). I'm guessing it's 2.3 oz with battery which is about the same as a PT Scout and only 0.6 oz or so less than a PT Aurora. Anyway it's an interesting product and I'll check it out when I get a chance.

JJHitt

Enlightened
20 foot beam, 2 LEDs, 1 AAA and 10 hours of runtime.
As usual, the math just aint right.
Still it sounds like an interesting light.

scott

Enlightened
To me, at least in the picture, that thing looks huge (for what it is.) It is a single AAA light that looks to be the size of Tikka or Aurora. Maybe optics make it so big.

I'd prefer a single AA in this role, also, but I'd still be interested, depending on preformance.

Scott

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
scott said:
I'd prefer a single AA in this role, also, but I'd still be interested, depending on preformance.
Scott

[/ QUOTE ]
Scott we're Flashaholics here, if it puts out light we're interested, may not buy, but interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I agree on the AA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif