Please help. Cracked Lens

nates730

Newly Enlightened
I broke the lens on my Fenix PD35 while at work and need help figuring out how to fix it. If anyone knows how to fix lenses or more specifically the PD35 lens any help would be appreciated.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang... That stinks. I don't know if you can replace the lens without opening up the entire head which is probably glued. I don't have a PD35. Did you drop it face down on something sharp and hard?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a fairly new light so your're probably covered under Fenix warranty.
Maybe you can contact the dealer where you purchased or Fenix directly?

Post back here to if you can to give a follow-up, I'm curious how Fenix would handle this.
Oh and :welcome:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
cracked CN made lens? it's not made in USA ;)

Etsu

Enlightened
cracked CN made lens? it's not made in USA

Right. I guess that explains why China is kicking the USA's *** internationally and has to bankroll the USA. And why China has a manned space program, and the US has to beg Putin to get to the ISS. All because USA glass is better than Chinese glass. Frankly, I'd rather suck at glass.

cullen.salisbury

Newly Enlightened
I have the same issue luckily I have a back up but I still really want to fix my newer one as well

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same issue luckily I have a back up but I still really want to fix my newer one as well

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

I would recommend for you the same thing, email the dealer where you purchased or contact Fenix directly to see if this can be remedied.

Fenix Customer Service

Also please post back to let others know what was the best route to take if any, this would be appreciated.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) The first thing I'd do is see if your dealer or Fenix can help with a warranty etc.

2) If not then I'd check to see how much the lens is. I once bought one from Sunwayman and it was $9 for the lens + shipping and it had to come from China......but at least I got the light fixed.
To get the head off of a Fenix you will need two rubberized strap wrenches and its hard has heck with the thread locker on it. But I've managed it on 3 PD32's without any damage. The reflector and lens is then accessible......as is the LED for a swap :thinking:.

If it turns out that you can purchase the lens, maybe what you do before you buy it is attempt to get the light apart. Because once you get the head off, you know its fixable if you can procure a new lens.

3) You could always offer it for sale on CPFM or Ebay as there is someone out there that can fix it.........and thus they'd buy it in the "as-is" condition.

Last edited:

dss_777

Enlightened
cracked CN made lens? it's not made in USA ;)

Not sure I understand the reference, especially since nothing in that pic was made in the USA, including the people. Regardless, that pic should be titled, "The Triumph of Physics: :thumbsup:

China may be all that and a bag of chips to some people, but I don't see many folks from the USA leaving to live there... I'm probably just biased because I was made in the USA and like it quite nicely. ;)

nates730

Newly Enlightened
Hey, sorry for the late response. I emailed Fenix and they are going to send me a whole new replacement head, LED and all!! I figured they wouldnt do anything for me since it was accidental damage. But I guess I was wrong :) As for how it broke, I dropped it from about 20ft onto concrete which at first didnt break the glass (surprisingly) but Im sure weakened it significantly and later (about a month) a small impact caused the glass to crack. The PD35 is pretty tough. I use it for work. But anyway thanks for all the responses. :twothumbs

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you emailed Fenix directly and not the dealer?

Reason I ask is because on fenix support page (linked above) it states customers should contact dealer for warranty repair and dealers will be issued spare parts for this reason.
Either way, this is good news!

Last edited: