Help me identify this leef

plaguem

Enlightened
Hi fellow flashaholics,

Recently purchased this and I'm having trouble figuring out what it is exactly. It looks like a leef but it doesn't exactly look like the pictures of the Leefs I've seen online. There is no logo and the knurling leading up to the head threads kinda tapers away a bit later than other pictures I've seen. There is also a shallower lip leading to the flashlight head.

Is this an early issue leef? If so can someone guess what year it is?
Did leef ever make any bodies early on without a logo? I've seen thread with voting for the leef logo. Maybe this was before then I dunno.

Pictures. The last picture is a comparison with a picture of a raw body that I found on Leefs old thread.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

u9anegaj.jpg

2eva6eny.jpg

qa4a7a5y.jpg

e5arahab.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
There have apparently been authentic Leef parts made without the "leaf" mark. The company which purchased all of the old Leef stock has recently been selling the remaining parts on CPFMP ...

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=315950

... and a few of these lack the "Leef leaf".

There have also been other makers of custom C-series tubes, such as fivemega (although this doesn't look like the ones I've seen).

Last edited:

plaguem

Enlightened
There have apparently been authentic Leef parts made without the "leaf" mark. The company which purchased all of the old Leef stock has recently been selling the remaining parts on CPFMP ...

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=315950

... and a few of these lack the "Leef leaf".

There have also been other makers of custom C-series tubes, such as fivemega (although this doesn't look like the ones I've seen).

Thank you archimedes. This is very useful info. I think mine probably was one of these that came from there.