Fenix PD35 newbie

wdalew5

Newly Enlightened
Hi all ... Newbie here ..I love my streamlights.
But after reading here about Fenix , I have ordered 2 of them online. I paid 50.00 shipped for each one. Any thoughts on if I over paid or under Paid etc!! Also , how does the charging work on these? Any thoughts on these are welcomed.. Thanks all .. Great forum here.
6aqevupy.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
Last edited:

wdalew5

Newly Enlightened
No I dont have one of the chargers. I assume it doesnt come with the light ?!?!?:

And yes I did order the one shown in the pic . 2014 model

wdalew5

Newly Enlightened
Anyone wanting to know who has them for this amount !
Just ask .

kj2

Flashaholic
No I dont have one of the chargers. I assume it doesnt come with the light ?!?!?:

And yes I did order the one shown in the pic . 2014 model

No it doesn't come with the light. Neither does it come with a 18650 battery. So, do you have a battery for it?

As charger I recommend a Xtar VP1 or XP4. For a lower budget you can take a look at a Nitecore charger.
As for batteries, I use mostly Eagletac branded batteries. Fenix also have their 'own' cells which should work perfectly in their lights.

wdalew5

Newly Enlightened
Midwest blade company... Found them on ebay . Sent them email asking what there best price was . He sent me an
Invoice thru paypal

wdalew5

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered two batteries ( 2600) mha and one charger for 40bucks shipped...

wjv

Enlightened
Just ordered two batteries ( 2600) mha

What brand. . . There are some brands of batteries you should stay away from!

Illumn.com has Soshine 3400mAh Button Top Protected (2 pack) for $20. An off brand, but has had good reviews.

Amazon has 3400mAh FOUR 18650 PROTECTED Orbtronic Batteries for ~$50. Orbtronic is a very good brand.

The general rule is to avoid any brand with the word "fire" in its name (except SureFire brand)

bbxtwo

Newly Enlightened
What brand. . . There are some brands of batteries you should stay away from!

Illumn.com has Soshine 3400mAh Button Top Protected (2 pack) for $20. An off brand, but has had good reviews.

Amazon has 3400mAh FOUR 18650 PROTECTED Orbtronic Batteries for ~$50. Orbtronic is a very good brand.

The general rule is to avoid any brand with the word "fire" in its name (except SureFire brand)

orbtronics is off to vacation til sept 22 :( instead I had to order keeppower from illumn. 3400's for 13.99 before discount code on their main page.

Last edited:

daninfamous

Newly Enlightened
Can someone PM some links of these battery deals? Im googling like crazy and I can't find anything close.

usaken

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix PD35 newbie: switch failure

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I bought a PD35-2014 a couple of months ago. I have used it for about 25 min, total run time. the tailcap switch is not reliable. sometimes works, sometimes dosent. Called Fenix and they suggested I tighten the spanner nut inside the tailcap. (counter-clockwise) Did so and it turned maybe 15 degrees, just a tiny bit. Now seems to be working properly but now I am nervous about it's reliability. anyone else find this? Thanks

Norm

Retired Administrator

This is common with many lights. Just check the ring every now and then.

Norm

hydro_pyro

Newly Enlightened

After a year and a half, my original Fenix battery is suffering. In cooler temps, the level 4 and 5 settings look exactly the same. I usually keep it half-charged to extend life, but no dice...

I also have a couple of OrbTronic 3400 cells. :)

I use the PD32UE, the neutral-white cousin to the PD35. Much more natural light, not as blue-looking.