NEW VERSION of CMG O-4 no constant on!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CMG O-4 (Letter OH, not a zero!) Mini Task light has been updated, along with a lower price:
O4-triangle_blue.jpg

CMG O-4 Mini Task Light web page

The OLD model was more expensive, but had a "constant on" feature:

O4clear.jpg

However, there still are some of the old stock in the distrubution chain.

The O-4 is one of the few waterproof coin cell lights out there, and the constant on was a nice feature.

A rep from CMG (Julie) e-mailed me and said that the staff liked the old O-4, but the market did not support a 16 dollar (MSRP) waterproof coincell light.

So, if you want/need a waterproof coincell light with constant on, better pick one up soon.

Here is one place where they are still selling the old stock:
The LED Light Bargan Basement

I am sure there are others too.

SockMan

Newly Enlightened
Oh well, if I wanted to used a keychain light continuously, then I would use a AAA light rather than a coin cell light. If it would lower the price a bit, then i'm for it. Just my 2¢.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct, but for some applications, the ARC AAA is too heavy, like to put on a dog's collar.

That is what I am using a coincell light for.

BUT, I am also working on a way to attach a ARC AAA to my dog's collar, and not have it swing and hit her.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have one of those actually! It uses red LED's and is not waterproof. Red is "lesss bright" than other colors", and for dogs that have long fur, the collar gets hidden in the fur.

I wrote the manufacturer, and he was suprisingly knowledgable on LED's. He agreed that Turquoise LED would be the ideal LED, and 360 illumination woould also be ideal, as well as full waterproofness. However, he said the selling price point would be too high for most dog owners to consider.

It is amazing how suprisingly well a single coincell LED works on dogs, both big and small, with long hair as well as short hair.

If I could get my ARC AAA Turquoise to mount on my dogs collar without wacking her chin up, I would use the ARC.

Empath

Flashaholic
Personally, I think without the constant on feature, they're out of the game.

paulr

Flashaholic
Maybe you could mod that collar for waterproofness (paint clear nail polish around the edges of the leds, battery connections, etc) and perhaps even swap the leds.

daq

Newly Enlightened
Except for the automatic off feature (after 7.5 minutes) perhaps the Princeton Tec Eclipse 2 would work?

Hope this helps.
Dale

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
daq said:
Except for the automatic off feature (after 7.5 minutes) perhaps the Princeton Tec Eclipse 2 would work?

Hope this helps.
Dale

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the 7.5 minute off feature, you are correct. When you go for an hour walk, 7.5 minutes does not cut it.

Empath, I am going to try to get an ARC AAA turquoise on her collar, and not have it swinging around like a led weight, wacking her on her chin when she runs.

If I can accomplish this, an ARC will be great!