Malkoff        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

Looks just like an Olight i3s.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsodpc View Post
    i just placed an order for it...looks like tomorrow is the release date
    looks like they extended the release date until september 20th now...i hate waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by RI Chevy View Post
    Looks just like an Olight i3s.
    Similar shape, yes. If you're familiar with the i3s or the (older version) iTP A3, you could take a look at the video to see some of the differences.

looks like they extended the release date until september 20th now...i hate waiting.
    Bummer!

Isn't it possible the first batch sold out really fast and that the new date is for the second batch? I ordered last week and hope that's the case

Isn't it possible the first batch sold out really fast and that the new date is for the second batch? I ordered last week and hope that's the case

I'm already very happy with my Olight i3s but the UI and even lower low interests me...

Enlightened

I just placed an order for the neutral white version of ti3 hopefully it would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ZzmadzZ View Post
    I just placed an order for the neutral white version of ti3 hopefully it would be awesome!
    Let us know how you like it!

First of all,great review and type i like as i can skip the geeky and anorak wearing bits so thanks again for that.

Right would i buy it?.......Not a chance as it as much use to me as an ashtray on a motor cycle for the following reasons.

1) The UI is an absolute pig and would be so much easier with a clickie.
    2) A silly poser strobe mode in stead of a decent medium mode of say 25 to 50 lumens.

Firefly...low...medium...high with a clickie,would buy it all day long as it is not a chance.
    Diagnosed with Grumpy Old Man Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by mcnair55 View Post
    First of all,great review and type i like as i can skip the geeky and anorak wearing bits so thanks again for that.

Right would i buy it?.......Not a chance as it as much use to me as an ashtray on a motor cycle for the following reasons.

1) The UI is an absolute pig and would be so much easier with a clickie.
    2) A silly poser strobe mode in stead of a decent medium mode of say 25 to 50 lumens.

Firefly...low...medium...high with a clickie,would buy it all day long as it is not a chance.
    Glad you like the review . I agree, a clicky switch would make operation easier, but unfortunately it usually adds length, and can be a bit awkward if you want to keychain mount it. And yeah, I've never been a fan of strobe modes, but as long as their kept out of the main sequence I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN3000 View Post
    Nice review!
    Yeah, THERE was also a try with a not fully charged Li-Ion (ca. 3,8v) wich destroyed the lamp after short time.
    Maybe it is possible to use it with a 3,2v LiFePO4 10440 cell (can be found better under LiFePO4 AAA) without destroying it, should add some extra lumens
    Disadvantage of this cells is, that u will probably need an extra charger.
    I'm sorry to hear that it can't take a 10440 cell. I've enjoyed putting them in the Klarus Mi X6, The Olight i3S, and even the Maratac AAA. According to various cpf threads, none have gone on the spot, though no manufacturer recommended it. It's such a common request on cpf, and it makes me wonder why manufacturers don't go a step further to allow the safe use of Li-ion cells.
    Malo odiat lux (Latin proverb - Evil hates light)

10440 li-ion cells in an AAA sized light are fun, but generally not too practical. The high output is impressive, but the small size means they get hot pretty quickly. I've used li-ion cells in my Klarus Mi X6 ti, Olight 13S and some others. My favorite is the Maratac copper AAA modded by Vinh - the whole light gets warm and I run it on high for longer periods. The output of the Ti3 is just fine on an Eneloop.

I have a few AAA clickies and most of them are hard to use. They are generally reverse clickies and fairly stiff. I don't have very big fingers and still find many AAA clickies hard to use. Some are OK. In all cases, you add length and get a hard to use clickie - not a good trade off, IMHO.

I'm not a fan of blinkies. But as long as they are hidden, I don't have a big issue. I haven't triggered the blinkies on the Ti3 yet and that is good news.

The Ti3 is similar to the Olight i3S, Titanium Innovations Illuminati CA1-AL and some other lights. The differences in mode sequence, output and runtime mean they all have a purpose and get used.

Thank you for the good review.

Looks like a lot of value in a tiny package.

Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by JulianP View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that it can't take a 10440 cell. I've enjoyed putting them in the Klarus Mi X6, The Olight i3S, and even the Maratac AAA. According to various cpf threads, none have gone on the spot, though no manufacturer recommended it. It's such a common request on cpf, and it makes me wonder why manufacturers don't go a step further to allow the safe use of Li-ion cells.
    Yeah, I've had a few lights that couldn't "officially" accept a lion but seemed to survive short bursts with one. Turns out the Ti3 isn't one of those

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
    10440 li-ion cells in an AAA sized light are fun, but generally not too practical. The high output is impressive, but the small size means they get hot pretty quickly. I've used li-ion cells in my Klarus Mi X6 ti, Olight 13S and some others. My favorite is the Maratac copper AAA modded by Vinh - the whole light gets warm and I run it on high for longer periods. The output of the Ti3 is just fine on an Eneloop.

I have a few AAA clickies and most of them are hard to use. They are generally reverse clickies and fairly stiff. I don't have very big fingers and still find many AAA clickies hard to use. Some are OK. In all cases, you add length and get a hard to use clickie - not a good trade off, IMHO.

I'm not a fan of blinkies. But as long as they are hidden, I don't have a big issue. I haven't triggered the blinkies on the Ti3 yet and that is good news.

The Ti3 is similar to the Olight i3S, Titanium Innovations Illuminati CA1-AL and some other lights. The differences in mode sequence, output and runtime mean they all have a purpose and get used.

Thank you for the good review.
    I agree, a lion in a AAA light isn't usually very practical. Even if it can take the heat, the capacity of a 10440 is just abysmal. Sure can be fun though, especially if your friends don't expect how bright it can be

Quote Originally Posted by mrettercap View Post
    Looks like a lot of value in a tiny package.

Thanks for the review!
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    I agree, a lion in a AAA light isn't usually very practical. Even if it can take the heat, the capacity of a 10440 is just abysmal. Sure can be fun though, especially if your friends don't expect how bright it can be
    I have an stainless steel E05 modded by Vinh...over 1000 lumens on a fresh 10440. And runtime is actually pretty respectable...10 minutes or so to 10% brightness. Obviously it isn't a light you'd use for long periods, but how often do people actually use an EDC for ten minutes in a single day? I'm guessing not often, unless you use it as part of your job. Anyway, as you say, it is interesting to see people's reactions...they can't believe that such a small light can be so bright! For that reason alone, it is worth buying at least one. It doesn't replace a larger light, but it is incredibly fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoc007 View Post
    I have an stainless steel E05 modded by Vinh...over 1000 lumens on a fresh 10440. And runtime is actually pretty respectable...10 minutes or so to 10% brightness. Obviously it isn't a light you'd use for long periods, but how often do people actually use an EDC for ten minutes in a single day? I'm guessing not often, unless you use it as part of your job. Anyway, as you say, it is interesting to see people's reactions...they can't believe that such a small light can be so bright! For that reason alone, it is worth buying at least one. It doesn't replace a larger light, but it is incredibly fun to use.
    That's very impressive! And yes, I can see how that could be fun to use

Enlightened

Ok so I finally got my NW TI3. The light is really nice and it's finishing is very good.
    The NW version is definitely much warmer then the tint from the nichia 219 but it still looks very very neutral to me.

The only negative thing that i can say is that, my light come with it's led very badly aligned. And the beam shows part of the reflector blocking. Just emailed Thrunite, hopefully they can replace my head for me.

Other then that this light is a must get. Very bright and small!! I would say the NW beam is still very nice and its not pinkish in tinge. Definitely get the NW version if you guys wanna to have a beam thats much warmer as compared to the CW version

Last edited by ZzmadzZ; 09-03-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Sorry to hear about the mis-centered emitter, be sure to let us know how they handle that for you.

Enlightened

I'm very impressed with Thrunite's customer service. They reply my email on this issue fairly quickly and they have also agreed to send me a replacement head this friday! Hopefully this time the LED would be perfectly centred!

Quote Originally Posted by ZzmadzZ View Post
    I'm very impressed with Thrunite's customer service. They reply my email on this issue fairly quickly and they have also agreed to send me a replacement head this friday! Hopefully this time the LED would be perfectly centred!
    Great to hear!

just got my thrunite ti3 today...its great.
    my prior keychain light was the ITP Light A3 EOS and it was pretty nice...this thrunite is even better.
    what a great item.

just got my thrunite ti3 today...its great.
    my prior keychain light was the ITP Light A3 EOS and it was pretty nice...this thrunite is even better.
    what a great item.
    Yep, the Ti3 should be a good upgrade from the iTP A3 is most ways.

Flashaholic*

I have a neutral white version on the way ☺

very nice review! Thx for the detailed information, I didn't know it was putting out more than 150 lumens

I own this little flashlight for over a week now and I love it! It's so small, but a big performer

All flashlights from thrunite give you excellent value for the money

Thanks, glad you like the review and the light!

Great review. I just got mine today and really like it.
    The head is nice and tight and high mode is really bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Glofindel View Post
    Great review. I just got mine today and really like it.
    The head is nice and tight and high mode is really bright.
    Thanks for your input!

Thank you for the good review. Output on an Eneloop is quite high - very close to an i3s with a li-ion. And I like the very low L.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast