HDS Systems        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 86 of 86

Thread: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

  1. #61

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
    Thank you for the good review. Output on an Eneloop is quite high - very close to an i3s with a li-ion. And I like the very low L.
    You're welcome

  2. #62
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,327

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    I am very pleased with my neutral white Ti3. The firefly mode is perfect for me and other two levels are well spaced for my liking, too. It is hard to believe that this small of a light can be this bright with a single AAA. I am using Eneloops, of course.

  3. #63

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tone View Post
    I am very pleased with my neutral white Ti3. The firefly mode is perfect for me and other two levels are well spaced for my liking, too. It is hard to believe that this small of a light can be this bright with a single AAA. I am using Eneloops, of course.
    Thanks for your input!

  4. #64
    Flashaholic* bdogps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    621

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)



    Ti3 being shot from a shot gun!

  5. #65

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Thanks for that, it's always nice to see some innovation in flashlight use.

    Now, if we could just think of some way to make that useful...

  6. #66
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Central, IL.
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Bigmac 79,

    Great review.. Thank You for all the hard work you put into these reviews!

    Just ordered myself the ThruNite Ti3 yesterday, should be here in about a week or so, will let you (everyone) know what I think of it when it get's here!

    Again, Thanks. Phil B.
    Last edited by DARK_SOUL; 01-23-2015 at 07:47 AM.

  7. #67

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by DARK_SOUL View Post
    Bigmac 79,

    Great review.. Thank You for all the hard work you put into these reviews!

    Just ordered myself the ThruNite Ti3 yesterday, should be here in about a week or so, will let you (everyone) know what I think of it when it get's here!

    Again, Thanks. Phil B.
    Thanks, glad you like the review!

  8. #68

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Anyone have some longer term impressions since this light has been out for a bit? I recently got one and am impressed by the feel/build quality. Firefly is great for middle of the night and the medium mode is a nice level with good runtime. Just want to see how's others are holding up. Thanks for the review!

  9. #69

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Anyone have some longer term impressions since this light has been out for a bit? I recently got one and am impressed by the feel/build quality. Firefly is great for middle of the night and the medium mode is a nice level with good runtime. Just want to see how's others are holding up. Thanks for the review!
    Yeah.
    Sometimes one of my 3 Ti3 it got stuck @ moonlight mode.. Here a video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMu6...ature=youtu.be
    (I just have one Ti3, but my to brothers have one Ti3 and the Chrismas Ti Titanium edition..)

    Was replaced easy and fast by Thrunite, my other Ti3 have no Problems, so far.

    You only have to be carefull with the O-ring. Sometimes (after changing battery and screwing on the head to fast) it is not going properly under the head and can get´s squeesed/damaged.
    One Thrunite of my Brother probably therefore has a damaged O-Ring

    Belong this, i am very happy with the Ti3.

    In my opinion the perfect EDC.
    Small & light enough not to disturb. If you have a trousers with pen-places.. it fit´s in!
    Perfect moonlight, you can read/orjentate through room without waking someone up. (with constant current, no flickering etc.)
    Also, you can not compare with light from bulky smartphone.. u just cant reach everywhere with them.. and they are not dimmable.
    If i go into mountains.. i will take also this light with me.. in mid mode you have enought light to orjentate and power for ca. 6h with one AAA cell..
    Of course, i will take some other light with me, too Walking @ alps in the night without light is not so good
    Last edited by TITAN3000; 02-21-2015 at 11:28 AM.

  10. #70

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    THANKS TITAN3000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN3000 View Post
    Yeah.
    Sometimes one of my 3 Ti3 it got stuck @ moonlight mode.. Here a video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMu6...ature=youtu.be
    (I just have one Ti3, but my to brothers have one Ti3 and the Chrismas Ti Titanium edition..)

    Was replaced easy and fast by Thrunite, my other Ti3 have no Problems, so far.

    You only have to be carefull with the O-ring. Sometimes (after changing battery and screwing on the head to fast) it is not going properly under the head and can get´s squeesed/damaged.
    One Thrunite of my Brother probably therefore has a damaged O-Ring

    Belong this, i am very happy with the Ti3.

    In my opinion the perfect EDC.
    Small & light enough not to disturb. If you have a trousers with pen-places.. it fit´s in!
    Perfect moonlight, you can read/orjentate through room without waking someone up. (with constant current, no flickering etc.)
    Also, you can not compare with light from bulky smartphone.. u just cant reach everywhere with them.. and they are not dimmable.
    If i go into mountains.. i will take also this light with me.. in mid mode you have enought light to orjentate and power for ca. 6h with one AAA cell..
    Of course, i will take some other light with me, too Walking @ alps in the night without light is not so good

  11. #71

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Great review Bigmac 79.

    Been using my Ti3 with Efest imr 10440 mostly on low and medium and occasional high with no problems so far.

  12. #72

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Bigmac_79: I'm lucky for the late posts, or I would have missed this amazing review, with some outstanding coverage and detail, and thorough. But 2 things I always want to know are missed. I must admit I have not yet watched your video, and I expect maybe what is missing is in there, but I read through your review twice to make sure I didn't miss what I expected to be there.

    I mean to nitpik, plz don't take at all personally, plz continue reviewing in your concise manor, with wonderful pictures and testing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    PWM: I could detect no pulse width modulation in the Ti3.
    I have no idea what this means. Are you not detecting it because it isn't there? Is the Ti3 current controlled? Or are you saying there is PWM at a such a high frequency that you can't detect it? Unclear.

    With the detail of your review, just sort of stuck out, but not so much as the absence of what material the body and clip are. One might assume it is Titanium with a model called "Ti3," but then, not necessarily. For all I know it has a plastic body. I bet you cover this in the video, but I can't think of any reason why you couldn't put this little detail in your text copy.

    Would you mind clairifying these two points for me? I am cautiously optimistic this could soon be one new acquisition for me, especially at such an easy to swallow price. Gracias.

  13. #73

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    is PWM at a such a high frequency that you can't detect it?



    There is NO PWM, see the reference to "regulation" (as in Current Regulation, not as in Pulse Width Modulation)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    + Great regulation, even on High
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post

    In addition, on both High and Low modes the regulation is just what I like to see:




    Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    One might assume it is Titanium with a model called "Ti3," but then, not necessarily.



    yes the term Ti is very confusing, however if you google Thrunite Ti3 you will see it is a black anodized aluminum body, like the one pictured in the review.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post

    Thrunite Does also make a Titanium version, called the Thrunite Ti Christmas edition, if you google that, you will find:ThruNite® Ti 162 Lumen Cree XP-L V4 LED Key chain Flashlight <Titanium alloy(TC4)> limited edition for Christmas


    keep in mind that these Thrunites start at the super low 0.04 lumen setting. You can tell the Thrunites that are not anodized Aluminum, because they are not Black. There is a Stainless and a Titanium version, plus the Black. They all have Current Regulation, none of them use PWM.

    Both the Ti3 and the TiS (Stainless) use XP-G2 emitters
    the Titanium one uses an XP-L4 emitter, which is MUCH floodier than the G2.

    I prefer the G2 for situations that have background light, the beam is more visible, focused, and brighter in the center, than the L4. The L4 emitter is best suited for situations where your eyes are dark adapted, such as when camping away from city lights. Overall the L4 emitter looks dimmer to my eyes on all levels, than the G2, probably because the G2 has a tighter beam.

    I Love the knurling, and the reversible pocket clip. I have a Titanium Thrunite, it is my favorite, despite the gritty threads that Titanium is famous for. otoh, the black anodized is lighter, the threads are smoother, and the beam is more focused and imo a better color. I just like the silver color of the Titanium :-), and the fact that it is ... Titanium :-)
    Last edited by jon_slider; 04-14-2015 at 01:41 PM.

  14. #74

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Anyone have some longer term impressions since this light has been out for a bit? I recently got one and am impressed by the feel/build quality. Firefly is great for middle of the night and the medium mode is a nice level with good runtime. Just want to see how's others are holding up. Thanks for the review!
    This light keeps coming back to my keychain, because I like it so much. It looks pretty beat-up, but still runs great. The firefly is probably the most used mode, but there have been a few situations where I *gasp* didn't have any other light with me, and used the high mode

  15. #75

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by rjking View Post
    Great review Bigmac 79.

    Been using my Ti3 with Efest imr 10440 mostly on low and medium and occasional high with no problems so far.
    Glad you like the review!

  16. #76

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    Bigmac_79: I'm lucky for the late posts, or I would have missed this amazing review, with some outstanding coverage and detail, and thorough. But 2 things I always want to know are missed. I must admit I have not yet watched your video, and I expect maybe what is missing is in there, but I read through your review twice to make sure I didn't miss what I expected to be there.

    I mean to nitpik, plz don't take at all personally, plz continue reviewing in your concise manor, with wonderful pictures and testing.



    I have no idea what this means. Are you not detecting it because it isn't there? Is the Ti3 current controlled? Or are you saying there is PWM at a such a high frequency that you can't detect it? Unclear.

    With the detail of your review, just sort of stuck out, but not so much as the absence of what material the body and clip are. One might assume it is Titanium with a model called "Ti3," but then, not necessarily. For all I know it has a plastic body. I bet you cover this in the video, but I can't think of any reason why you couldn't put this little detail in your text copy.

    Would you mind clairifying these two points for me? I am cautiously optimistic this could soon be one new acquisition for me, especially at such an easy to swallow price. Gracias.
    It just means that I can't detect any PWM :P. I don't say that there isn't any PWM, because I don't have an oscilloscope to check for sure. My procedure is to view the light through my camera set to an exposure of 1/2000 of a second, so any pwm around 2000 Hz or slower will show as flickering on the camera. Any PWM significantly faster than 2000 Hz won't be detected by this method, but it also won't be detected by your eyes even when swinging the light around or viewing fast moving objects, so I don't worry about it to much. So, when I say I don't detect any PWM, it means the light either doesn't use PWM or it uses PWM with a frequency significantly greater than 2000 Hz. Hope that clears it up .


    Sorry about not mentioning the body material. The name is a bit misleading, the body is made of aluminum, and I assume the clip is some steel alloy.

  17. #77
    this_is_nascar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Gloucester, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,688

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Bumping an old thread, but wanted to that you for the review. I just purchased a cool white and neutral white Ti3.

    Did you say these are fully regulated on all output levels?
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

  18. #78

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    looks pretty flat, runs for about 25 minutes on high, of which he says 17 min is regulated:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79

    Last edited by jon_slider; 03-21-2017 at 05:26 PM.

  19. #79
    this_is_nascar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Gloucester, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,688

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Thanks.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

  20. #80

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    in the following 1st chart you see results for Eneloop Pro: Ti3 compared to the TiTool, have similar curves and runtime, but the XP-G2 is brighter than the Nichia
    note the olight i3s has very flat regulation, and longer runtime, at a lower max, than the Ti3 and TiTool

    low modes are very different, Ti3 is 0.04, i3s is 0.5, and TiTool is 3 lumens
    all three are NoPWM lights, mode sequences are LMH, MHL, and MLH

    the second chart shows the Ti3 and TiTool have no regulation on Lithium primaries, the Olight does have flat regulation on Lithium Primaries and more than a 1 hour runtime
    Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt


    Last edited by jon_slider; 03-21-2017 at 05:57 PM.

  21. #81
    *Flashaholic* Offgridled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,556

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    Great revive here..

  22. #82
    Flashaholic* 5S8Zh5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,151

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    I've had my Thrunite Ti3 since 12-17-14 and started EDC'ng it this morning. Weighed it next to my Zebralight H502w and it came in at 22g (compared to 58g). Worked fine lighting up my way in the dog park this morning. Eneloop AAAs seem to last forever lol.

  23. #83
    Flashaholic* LeanBurn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,137

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    My TiS (stainless version of the Ti3) is still going strong, EDC'ed every day since I got it in 2015, zero issues.


    I just went on a walk on a dark country road (no lights other than distant farms) for more than 30 mins, blasting at 120L the whole time it was great! The output was a great reminder of what this little light really can do. The LMH modes really make this is a versatile unit.
    Last edited by LeanBurn; 09-05-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

  24. #84
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    I just lost my 2nd Ti3 a couple of weeks ago. Somewhere in this house there are 2 Ti3's, each connected to a Tec P7 Suspension clip.

    So now I'm debating if I should buy a 3rd...

    --flatline

  25. #85

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    I have a couple of the Ti XPL lights in titanium and I REALLY like them. Nice, neutral tint, lightweight and great quality. I will say, the threads could be significantly improved, but they aren't terrible. A little scratchy like many ti lights but a little loose. If you keep the head in position to facilitate one handed twist operation then you can get it to turn on by pressing down. I wonder if a slightly different thread pitch would help with that...

    Anyways I have been searching for years for a satisfactory replacement to my much carried Fenix L0Dce(q2) and finally found it... probably. Time will tell if it is as durable I suppose!

  26. #86
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: ReviewTheLight: Thrunite Ti3 (1xAAA, 150+ lumens!)

    My experience is that they're durable. The 2 that I lost both went through the laundry several times and one fell off a roof onto concrete and you couldn't tell.

    The first one I lost...I have no idea where it went. The 2nd one is still in the house somewhere and it's driving me crazy that I can't find it.

    --flatline

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •