Oracle / Worst Customer Service

Omerta

Newly Enlightened
Worst customer service I have ever received. Stay away from all things Oracle.

I second Mr. Folwell's customer service experience with AAC. I purchased a used Oracle 24X-9 Xenon flashlight 15 months ago. The unit went out and I called AAC to get it serviced. I fully understood that this was not a warranty item and even labeled it on the Return Authorization sheet. I recieved an email from a Ms. Racheal with AAC stating that the unit tested bad, but the batteries were good.

See email below.

Hello,
We received your Xenon Flashlight for warranty, it tested bad; not coming on at all, however the batteries tested good. Unfortunately as you already know, the Xenon Flashlights have a one year warranty. There is no way of the Xenon Flashlight to be fixed, it would have to be replaced. I am able to give you a deal on a replacement; free shipping and since you already have two batteries, I will take off $135.90 off the retail cost. So the replacement will cost you $143.10. I will need to confirm your initial purchase first though, please forward your receipt/proof or purchase.
Please let me know if you have questions and how you would like to proceed.
Thank you,
Racheal

This unit retails for as much as $300.00 and nowhere in the selling materials is it mentioned that this is a non-serviceable flashlight.

My reply email is as follows.

Racheal,
Unfortunately, I bought it used from an individual on Ebay, so I am not the original owner. I was looking at purchasing a new one from Oracle, but this guy stated that he had an extra battery and "orange peel" reflector along with the standard reflector. The orange peel reflector is currently installed in the bad unit. It's been a great piece especially for my wife who walks the dog in the evening. What are my options?

Hello,
Oh man! That is not good. It would be $211.05 and I am able to offer free shipping.
Thank you,
Racheal

Racheal,
What is the average life of one of these units?
If I understand correctly, I will receive a new 24X-9 torch, return of the two used lithium cells and my orange peel reflector? Would I also receive a one-year warranty on just the torch? I looked at one of your authorized dealers, and I can get a completely new unit for $229.87 with free shipping. store.newlevelmotorsport…
It doesn't seem like I am being treated fairly, even for a customer who bought the unit used.

Racheal at AAC
That is correct. Orange peel reflector, was this in the light? You would have a year warranty with the flashlight. We don't price match with any of our dealers; they can price items how they would like. This is the best that I am able to do, this item is not under warranty, in normal cases, we would send the items back to you, however, I am working with you on this.
Racheal

Racheal,
Please just box up the bad product and send it back to the address below. Now somebody here is making a hell of a profit on a product that has tested bad. For $211.00 I get a raw flashlight from AAC or for $228.99 I get a brand new Oracle 24X-9, battery, case, charger etc. I hope you can see my dilemma clearly. Here is my take on this. I have a "tested bad" flashlight with 2 good lithium ion batteries. After seeing that I can get a new one for 17.99, I feel as I guess most people would that you are charging what we call "predatory pricing" because the customer has really no option besides just tossing the whole unit in the trash. Also, this is a minimum $230.00 retail price flashlight, and essentially you just said that you do not repair this flashlight. It's either good or bad, I wonder what your customers would think if they knew that this flashlight is treated as a disposable unit like a cheap razor.

Hello Keith,
I am very sorry that you are not satisfied with the option that I gave you, again, this is the best that we are able to do.Please confirm the address you would like to have the items shipped back to. I have also sent you an invoice for the return shipment charge.
Thank you,
Racheal

They seriously sent an invoice for $5.95 so I can get my disposable flashlight back.

Worst customer service I have ever received. Stay away from all things Oracle. I also CC'd the owner and left a voice message and got no response.