Prometheus        
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Arc-2 HID

Default Surefire Arc-2 HID

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...spotlight.html Anyone have any idea on the cost of this bad boy..?

Default Re: Surefire Arc-2 HID

I think they briefly had an MSRP of $2200 listed on the website at one point. This would typically translate into street pricing around $1500. Haven't heard anything more definite than that.

Anyone here besides me thinking of snagging one of these and where is a good place to buy one from that dont charge full MSRP..? I already have a 4500 Lumen Lupine Betty TL2..

Nightreaper or Arc-2 HID..? Any thoughts on prices for these lights..?

Quote Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
    Nightreaper or Arc-2 HID..? Any thoughts on prices for these lights..?
    You should consider as well, the XeRay XV-LX70 (50/70 watt) from XeVision (a USA company). About 7500 lumens on the high setting. It has an equally high build quality and it produces far more lumens than either of these you mentioned. Some well respected members here have tested it, with outstanding results. I am sure someone will comment.
    Also it is in serial production NOW.
    Last edited by XeRay; 08-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XeRay View Post
    You should consider as well, the XeRay XV-LX70 (50/70 watt) from XeVision (a USA company). About 7500 lumens on the high setting. It has an equally high build quality and it produces far more lumens than either of these you mentioned. Some well respected members here have tested it, with outstanding results. I am sure someone will comment.
    Also it is in serial production NOW.
    Whom sells these on the retail level? Dealers?
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Flashaholic*

I'm guessing it will cost an arm, a leg, & a first born.

I'm hoping it will be a 4200K model and not take some proprietary li-ion battery/size that is only available from SF.
    ampdude

Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    I'm guessing it will cost an arm, a leg, & a first born.

I'm hoping it will be a 4200K model and not take some proprietary li-ion battery/size that is only available from SF.
    Some say under $2,000, MSRP is always shown much higher in their website. Still not cheap, but at least can compete with some high-end HID handheld spotlight in the market.

I'm pretty sure it will only take proprietary battery packs, but most likely made out of 18650 cells.

Quote Originally Posted by richardcpf View Post

I'm pretty sure it will only take proprietary battery packs, but most likely made out of 18650 cells.
    The spec doesn't say, but since Surefire is almost exclusively rechargeable and/or CR123, I'm guessing CR123s for the optional pack. After all, the M6 takes six of them, what's a few more?

Edit: Went back and re-read the 2014 catalog and the web page. What it sounds like after re-reading is rechargeagle, DC plug-in, and AC plug-in; no primaries/rechargeable cells. Bummer.
    Last edited by Timothybil; 08-16-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Anyone have any news on when these will beable to be ordered?
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

I was thinking yesterday, perhaps they are waiting until there new Price Increase before they release these? lol I would strongly consider this one if it is a Dual Fuel design. Like the UNR Commander. I WILL NOT buy any light that has a special battery pack that can't be hacked and leaves me dependent on the manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothybil View Post
    The spec doesn't say, but since Surefire is almost exclusively rechargeable and/or CR123, I'm guessing CR123s for the optional pack. After all, the M6 takes six of them, what's a few more?

Edit: Went back and re-read the 2014 catalog and the web page. What it sounds like after re-reading is rechargeagle, DC plug-in, and AC plug-in; no primaries/rechargeable cells. Bummer.
    So whats the bummer with you on this HID Light..? Its a deal breaker because..?

It's not entirely clear from the description as to what the battery pack will be like. If the battery is built in to the handle; that's the worst case scenario as you would need to replace the entire handle. That amount of surefire machined HAIII aluminium does not come cheap. I would think that the optional pack is just a larger li-ion handle (It says 3 inches longer). My guess is that the standard handle is 8 x 18650 cells (4 wide, 2 long) and the optional handle is 12 x 18650 (4 wide, 3 long).

Quote Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
    So whats the bummer with you on this HID Light..? Its a deal breaker because..?
    Price. Living on a fixed income I don't have the discretionary funds to lay out five bills just to have a light cannon.

Not sure that I'd consider a 40-Watt, 4500 Lumen handheld light that is pretty much the same form factor as the LeMax 50/70 but significantly less powerful with less run time. Even if it's only $2,500, it can't come near the 7000 Lumen performance of the Lemax.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

I believe it all depends on the price. If I see the ARC-2 for less than $1,000, I will not hesitate to order one. But I know that is far from happening.

The Lemax/Xevision 70 on the other hand, has been on my wish list since the first pictures and reviews showed up, but I simply cannot justify spending more than $2,000 for one light.

Well its September and where is this bad boy at..?

I believe it all depends on the price. If I see the ARC-2 for less than $1,000, I will not hesitate to order one. But I know that is far from happening.

The Lemax/Xevision 70 on the other hand, has been on my wish list since the first pictures and reviews showed up, but I simply cannot justify spending more than $2,000 for one light.
    Hi highly doubt it will be anywhere near $1000.00 USD either.

Unenlightened

Surefire had both of their ARC lights on their Web site without prices for a while, but I see they have now removed the lights. I wonder if they ran into production issues and will be pushing out their September launch?

This is "shocking news!"

Sorry, just had too.

Looks really cool, but I wonder why did SF bother to develop such mounting system... that is definitely the least cost-effective choice for bike lighting...

Looks really cool, but I wonder why did SF bother to develop such mounting system... that is definitely the least cost-effective choice for bike lighting...
    SureFire has been promoting these lights all over social media for a while now, attached to different vehicles. It looks like that's going to be part of their marketing for military use - the ability to be used handheld or mounted to a vehicle. I don't think they are planning to move into the sport bike lighting market.

Ok where is this bad boy at,,?

Quote Originally Posted by caseyse View Post
    Surefire had both of their ARC lights on their Web site without prices for a while, but I see they have now removed the lights. I wonder if they ran into production issues and will be pushing out their September launch?
    It's too late for a September launch but they are back on the site again . . . with prices.

ARC-2 $2820
    ARC-3 $1300

Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post
    It's too late for a September launch but they are back on the site again . . . with prices.

ARC-2 $2820
    ARC-3 $1300
    So what is beings translated in to a street price of 1500.00? I knew better then that..

Quote Originally Posted by 880arm View Post

ARC-2 $2820
    ARC-3 $1300
    As of today (first time I checked lately) they are not on the website again. Wonder what's going on at Surefire about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothybil View Post
    As of today (first time I checked lately) they are not on the website again. Wonder what's going on at Surefire about them?
    Yep, they went missing again a few days after they reappeared. Who knows what's going on?

I think they should rename these two lights the "Bigfoot" and "Nessie"

Well, they are back on the site again, this time with a few twists. The model numbers have been tweaked and a standalone ARC2 head is listed. They are still marked as not yet available.

ARC2 Ultra-High Single Output head $1500 (This is the head only)

ARC2-8C Ultra-High Single-Output 4500 lumens with 80 minute capacity rechargeable battery handle $2820

ARC3 Ultra-High Single-Output 4500 lumens $1300 (Was 2000 lumens. Maybe a typo?)

$1300 for a battery pack!?!?!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast