Klarus        

Thread: Surefire Arc-2 HID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Surefire Arc-2 HID

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...spotlight.html Anyone have any idea on the cost of this bad boy..?

Default Re: Surefire Arc-2 HID

I think they briefly had an MSRP of $2200 listed on the website at one point. This would typically translate into street pricing around $1500. Haven't heard anything more definite than that.

Anyone here besides me thinking of snagging one of these and where is a good place to buy one from that dont charge full MSRP..? I already have a 4500 Lumen Lupine Betty TL2..

Nightreaper or Arc-2 HID..? Any thoughts on prices for these lights..?

Quote Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
    Nightreaper or Arc-2 HID..? Any thoughts on prices for these lights..?
    You should consider as well, the XeRay XV-LX70 (50/70 watt) from XeVision (a USA company). About 7500 lumens on the high setting. It has an equally high build quality and it produces far more lumens than either of these you mentioned. Some well respected members here have tested it, with outstanding results. I am sure someone will comment.
    Also it is in serial production NOW.
    Last edited by XeRay; 08-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XeRay View Post
    You should consider as well, the XeRay XV-LX70 (50/70 watt) from XeVision (a USA company). About 7500 lumens on the high setting. It has an equally high build quality and it produces far more lumens than either of these you mentioned. Some well respected members here have tested it, with outstanding results. I am sure someone will comment.
    Whom sells these on the retail level? Dealers?
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Quote Originally Posted by XeRay View Post
    Whom sells these on the retail level? Dealers?
    Sorry, I missed this question quite some time ago. Back in August of this year, in this thread.
    You can only buy directly from the USA manufacturer (XeVision) for North American Markets etc. (American Continents).
    For European markets, you can contact Lemax (Czech mfg.) directly.

At this time XeVision does not sell through dealers. In the future that could change.
    XeVision is the manufacturer of the ballast electronics used for the USA builds, as well as the ballast in the Czech builds.
    The Electroformed reflectors are also of USA origin in both locations. The bulbs are ALL (both locations) of European origins, not ASIAN made.
    Last edited by XeRay; 10-29-2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added "Back in August of this year"

Flashaholic*

I'd love to have one, but I can't just own one light only, so I'd have to purchase 2.

I want to be able to use one for a week or so before plunking down $1500 for one torch much less 3K for two.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Honorary Aussie

http://www.surefire.com/illumination...spotlight.html Anyone have any idea on the cost of this bad boy..?
    Awesome!

The only thing I have that's similar is a Polarion PH40 CWSL (Crew Served Weapon Light) which puts out 4000 lumens and has a duplex electroformed reflector.
    Last edited by magellan; 07-05-2015 at 06:16 AM.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.