Fenix Outfitters        
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Arc-2 HID

Default Re: Surefire Arc-2 HID

OFD.....! Out For Delivery
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Quote Originally Posted by XeRay View Post
    Wow, ~4 grand you are a devotee.

You could have bought an ARC3 instead of the extra (2nd) battery, and had both the ARC2 and the ARC3.
    That will buy you a decent set of wheels for your bicycle too..

http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/160874555
    Last edited by bulbmogul; 07-29-2015 at 04:50 AM.
    Surefire Hellfighter-5 Surefire Arc2-8C, LeMax LX70 Superpower,Lupine Betty TL2, Lupine Piko TL, Lupine Betty R14, Lupine Betty6, Lupine Piko2

Its here and quite a suprise. No Battery Charger, No Carrying Case and comes in a heavy duty custom coardboard box with no graphics. It is quite huge and what a monster of a beam..

http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/160877362

looks good!! i'll be anticipating your review and beamshots but no battery charger?

Congrats on the new light.

Have the ARC2 and ARC3 got the same output? If so is the only difference the removable battery pack ?

I take it the ARC2 came with a charging lead of some sort ?

Quote Originally Posted by N10 View Post
    looks good!! i'll be anticipating your review and beamshots but no battery charger?
    NO Battery Charger, however there is a vehicle charger cable, but ONLY the cable and that cable allows it also to run the Searchlight Directly..I really had no idea how big this baby is..

It exists! Congratulations bulbmogul.

@London Lad, According to the SF website, the ARC 2 and 3 have the same output of 4500lm but the ARC 2 has a larger head with more throw and also a larger battery pack with more runtime. Not sure if the ARC 3 has a removable battery but I would hope that there was some way of replacing the battery without sending it off to SF.

So I call Surefire asking why no charger for the Arc2 and they told me that it did not come with one, so I had to order one and thats another $165.00. They dont even have the chargers built yet and they told me in the meantime to go and buy a AC/DC Converter with Cig Plug attachment and use the car cord provided to charge until the chargers are in stock.. So this is what i purchased this afternoon to get this bad boy charged..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00
    Last edited by bulbmogul; 07-29-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    It exists! Congratulations bulbmogul.

@London Lad, According to the SF website, the ARC 2 and 3 have the same output of 4500lm but the ARC 2 has a larger head with more throw and also a larger battery pack with more runtime. Not sure if the ARC 3 has a removable battery but I would hope that there was some way of replacing the battery without sending it off to SF.
    Thanks MB. I couldn't believe the difference in price for just a slightly bigger head!

Looking forward to some user reports on the ARC 3

Quote Originally Posted by bulbmogul View Post
    So I call Surefire asking why no charger for the Arc2 and they told me that it did not come with one, so I had to order one and thats another $165.00. They dont even have the chargers built yet and they told me in the meantime to go and buy a AC/DC Converter with Cig Plug attachment and use the car cord provided to charge until the chargers are in stock.. So this is what i purchased this afternoon to get this bad boy charged..
    Wow. Well with that bad boy you won't need to buy the $165 Surefire version at all. Saved a hundred bucks. So the DC cord will charge if the light is off. That's good to know. It wasn't clear from the web page whether or not it would do that.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

Flashaholic

*Poof*
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 09-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.

I want one massive love it.

No surprise on the packaging As far as the packaging goes I am sure these are made primly for industrial use like Military and so on. Pretty boxes are more for the general public but no charger is a little weird.

Thought I would post your pic on the thread hope thats ok.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 07-30-2015 at 08:12 PM. Reason: language
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

So I call Surefire asking why no charger for the Arc2 and they told me that it did not come with one, so I had to order one and thats another $165.00. They dont even have the chargers built yet and they told me in the meantime to go and buy a AC/DC Converter with Cig Plug attachment and use the car cord provided to charge until the chargers are in stock.. So this is what i purchased this afternoon to get this bad boy charged..[/url]
    That's pretty darned hard to swallow. The Surefire of today is not the Surefire of yesteryear. That's a ton of money for a 45 Watt HID flashlight. You could have bought all the components and had a fully working Spectrolab SX-16 NightSun for less money.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRocket View Post
    They (SureFire) can absolutely not be serious? I consider myself one very big SureFire supporter even in the worst of times but this is quite simply bollocks.

Could you kindly post a couple of pictures of the packaging?

I've been mulling the idea of buying one of these but as I am not located in the United States I'm going to have to ship it to a contact or P.O. Box there and then all the way half-way across the globe.

The light itself does look sweet, however.
    Hi there, I will post picture later of packaging, however i am almost 110% positive it would arrive perfect. They have it in a special container hard foam custom fit box that drops down into a outter shipping cardboard box. The packaging is exellent, however there is no graphics like you see on most other surefire lights. Its 4am here and I am going to take it outside for a few minutes and fire it up..

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    That's pretty darned hard to swallow. The Surefire of today is not the Surefire of yesteryear. That's a ton of money for a 45 Watt HID flashlight. You could have bought all the components and had a fully working Spectrolab SX-16 NightSun for less money.
    I guess it is what it is an either someone will buy it or not..I wanted one and so far quite pleased and content..

Default Sizes of Torches

To give you a idea on size of the Surefire Arc28C , I have added a Surefire M6, Lupine BettyTL2, and a Lupine Piko.

http://www.pbase.com/image/160883636

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post

I want one massive love it.

No surprise on the packaging As far as the packaging goes I am sure these are made primly for industrial use like Military and so on. Pretty boxes are more for the general public but no charger is a little weird.

Thought I would post your pic on the thread hope thats ok.
    RAT. Please tell me how you was able to post the picture instead of my link as i cant for the life of me get it to work, Yes when I called Surefire, they told me this was not your normal consumer flashlight as these are mainly catered for Military, Law Enforcement and Search and Rescue. I was just wanting a pretty box with it ..
    Last edited by Kestrel; 07-30-2015 at 08:13 PM. Reason: language in quote

RAT. Please tell me how you was able to post the picture instead of my link as i cant for the life of me get it to work, Yes when I called Surefire, they told me this was not your normal consumer flashlight as these are mainly catered for Military, Law Enforcement and Search and Rescue. I was just wanting a pretty box with it ..
    Every other maker and surefire in the past, always include a good quality "pelican" or other similar carry case. Military and other buyers will demand it in their written bid specifications.
    Last edited by XeRay; 07-30-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Damn, that's huge! I like it.

What is the approximate reflector diameter, not the bezel diameter ???

My guess about 80 mm, that bezel is very big.
    Last edited by XeRay; 07-30-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Every other maker and surefire in the past, always include a good quality "pelican" or other similar carry case. Military and other buyers will demand it in their written bid specifications.
    I did not bid on this item as i purchased it directly from B&H in NYC. This is how it came and this is what i got as it was no deal breaker if case, charger, etc,etc,etc did not come with it as i was buying it anyways..

Just checked the B&H Website and the Surefire Arc2 is already out of stock. I have no idea on how many they received, however what ever amount is GONE in 2 days..

Flashaholic

*Poof*
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 09-08-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Is the battery tube section/handle with 4 lobes (battery tube sections) is that plastic, machined aluminum or cast aluminum or other ??

Maybe even 4 metal tubes grouped together held at both ends?
    Last edited by XeRay; 07-30-2015 at 08:54 PM.

What is the approximate reflector diameter, not the bezel diameter ???

My guess about 80 mm, that bezel is very big.
    4.50 inches across reflector

Is the battery tube section/handle with 4 lobes (battery tube sections) is that plastic, machined aluminum or cast aluminum or other ??

Maybe even 4 metal tubes grouped together held at both ends?
    One solid piece of machined aluminum. Rubber end cap

The 2 end caps are a great idea. Have them on my Dominator and it takes the worries of "nicks and dings" away.

Flashaholic

*Poof*
    Last edited by PocketRocket; 09-08-2015 at 08:25 PM.

I guess inside the battery pack there are 8x18650 in 4S2P configuration. Surefire is not known for using the lastest tech so I expect the batteries to be 2600mAh at best. This light comes without a AC charger and it makes sense, the primary use for this light is for vehicles, not to keep at home like a regular flashlight.

I really like how it looks, but 80 minutes runtime is a way too short. For the price of the battery pack they've done so much better, even for SF standards. A decent battery pack could do ~100Wh, providing this beast more than 120 minutes of runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by richardcpf View Post
    I guess inside the battery pack there are 8x18650 in 4S2P configuration. Surefire is not known for using the lastest tech so I expect the batteries to be 2600mAh at best. This light comes without a AC charger and it makes sense, the primary use for this light is for vehicles, not to keep at home like a regular flashlight.

I really like how it looks, but 80 minutes runtime is a way too short. For the price of the battery pack they've done so much better, even for SF standards. A decent battery pack could do ~100Wh, providing this beast more than 120 minutes of runtime.
    80 minutes will be more then i would ever need as this is more of a novelty item for show and tell & play around ...!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast