should i upgrade from 320 lumen surefire 6px pro to surefire e2d ultra????

Flashoholic223

Newly Enlightened
what do you guys think i should do, and if you have e2d ultra how to you like it and what are its flaws?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honest truth? I think you would like the E1DL. I wouldn't call it an upgrade in output but the tint color is much nicer than the E2DL Ultra (which is greenish). Also, the reset timing has been changed to one second on the E1DL as compared to two seconds on the E2DLU. I love my E2DLU, but ever since I got the E1DL it has completely taken over the roll of EDC. It is shorter, rendering it more compact, and even though it is not stated, it takes RCR123 rechargeable very well. Been running mine with an AW 16340 for the last couple of weeks and have not had any issues.

Since you already have a 6PX Pro which is 320 lumen, you wouldn't see a difference in overall output but the smaller package makes it a breeze to carry clipped in the pocket.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the 6PX Pro not doing for you that you need done?

Treeguy

Enlightened
What is the 6PX Pro not doing for you that you need done?

More lumens is better lumens. That could be the title of this site. :)

I also have a 6PX Defender and wondered if a 500lm Fury or E2D would be worth it. And what I want the light to do is act as a defensive tool against dogs at night when I`m out walking and as a nightstand light. The conventional wisdom is that 500 is better than 320. How much better - and would that amount of "better" justify the expenditure - is the question.

In my case, with Cujo drooling ten-feet away from me out on a lonely dirt road, "more is better" might well be a perfectly rational point of view.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honest truth? I think you would like the E1DL. I wouldn't call it an upgrade in output but the tint color is much nicer than the E2DL Ultra (which is greenish). Also, the reset timing has been changed to one second on the E1DL as compared to two seconds on the E2DLU. I love my E2DLU, but ever since I got the E1DL it has completely taken over the roll of EDC. It is shorter, rendering it more compact, and even though it is not stated, it takes RCR123 rechargeable very well. Been running mine with an AW 16340 for the last couple of weeks and have not had any issues.

Since you already have a 6PX Pro which is 320 lumen, you wouldn't see a difference in overall output but the smaller package makes it a breeze to carry clipped in the pocket.

^^^ This --- you may not need to upgrade, but I was very impressed with the E1D so I got the E2D Ultra and was dissapointed. It's OK but the tint on the batch of leds they use on this one just didn't do it for me at all given my other warm tending lights and the nice E1D white.

I think the E1D is a great light even if it took forever for Surefire to develop it, but I'm not sure it's an upgrade for you. I'm sure it would make a nice addition and maybe replacement.

Flashoholic223

Newly Enlightened
its a tank of a light and bright enough its just a little big to edc in some cases and the e1d would be better because same brightness and smaller size along with the edition of a sturdy pocket clip

Raze

Enlightened
I'm neither a tint snob nor a white-wall hunter. I don't shine my light at the ceiling and admire the quality of the beam. My flashlights, I use them.

The Osram Oslon Square die may emit greenish-yellow tint but it is better in my opinion when I use them outdoors during night hikes. If I have to choose, I'd pick a green tint over bluish as the former is kinder to the eye.

In saying that, I own both the G2X Pro 320 lumens, and the E2DL Ultra. I EDC the E2DL ultra and retire the G2X to my BOB. The E2DL has a TIR optics hence a tighter spot - intense spot, with minimal spill. Useful to light up the trail further ahead.

But the reflector'd G2X throw a more 'useful' beam. The spot is not so intense, and you have a useful spill beam. More efficient for use in campsite, or in building for example.

In the end, it depends on how you would want to use it.

Why not get the Fury and be done with it?

Flashoholic223

Newly Enlightened
thats a good point , i did look into the fury but its the same size as the 6px pro a little bigger head even and im looking for something small enough to edc

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for something for EDC, I'd recommend checking out the EB1 and E1DL.

Flashoholic223

Newly Enlightened
sadly will have to take a break from flashlight purchases funds running low and cant find anyone wanting to trade one off

Raze

Enlightened
Take the time to read reviews on the Elzetta Alpha and Malkoff MDC. Both looks awesome

hatman

Enlightened
Take the time to read reviews on the Elzetta Alpha and Malkoff MDC. Both looks awesome

(The Alpha does look great. But it's designed for primaries, on which you may not find it bright enough. Runtime on rechargeables is short. And the clip sucks.)

hassiman

Newly Enlightened
I LOVE my E2d. Use it every night to walk the dog and scare away the Cyotes. I really like the extra light.