SureFire U2 ULTRA LED NOT WORKING WELL

FreddyG9266

Newly Enlightened
I have this Ultra 2 LED it used to work well, now it just has a low light and the adjustment does not work. I replaced batteries twice still no change. Do the LED'S go bad on these? I don't know how old this light is. Is there place or person that this can be sent too for repair, as I have seen through a few video's the difficulties in getting the LED replaced.

Thanks

FreddyG9266

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF member Nitroz is the one with great success with the SureFire U2. Vinh seems to be a busy guy. He does not take the time to answer my questions, but his work with P60 drop ins and the SkyLumen SL1 are very impressive. Mine are. If it was me, I would put a Cree XPL in the U2. You can check out Nitroz' work on CPF: Google it.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you call Surefire's customer service phone number, they will issue you an RMA and you can ship it back to them. They should repair or replace it at no charge to you, under their lifetime waranty.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you call Surefire's customer service phone number, they will issue you an RMA and you can ship it back to them. They should repair or replace it at no charge to you, under their lifetime waranty.

+1 to what cland72 said. Go to Surefire's website, get the tel#, and call them. Don't e-mail them, as I have heard numerous stories about them not getting back to people very quickly through their e-mail system. As long as no one has tried to modify anything in the U2, Surefire should cover that light for the rest of you and your descendant's lifetimes.