What is a Luxion Flashlight?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a description of the Streamlight 3AA Luxeon LED.
"Streamligt 3AA LED Luxeon Task-Light flashlight provides the longevity of ... LED Luxeon Task-Light is 10 times brighter than a high-intensity LED."

I notice that Botach has them for $28.95. If they are as good as claimed, that would seem to be a good choice.

I don't have any idea what a Luxeon LeED is or how it differs from a normal LED.

Are they really so bright?

Thanks,
Jerry

Mrd 74

Enlightened
I have the Streamlight 3AA luxeon and have to say for the price its one of the best deals around,you won't be disappointed.If you install a Kroll switch on the tail its twice as good.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
A luxeon is a special type of LED (light emitting diode). Luxeons are the brightest LED's you can find. Luxeon lights aren't as bright as some regular incandescent lights, but they have many advantages.

Luxeon LEDs usually last about 100,000 hours! This means you never need to change them. They are much more efficient than standard incandescent bulbs, so the overall runtime is usually much greater.

I do not specifically know of the Streamlight 3AA luxeon, but I do know that Streamlight is an excellent brand and luxeon stars rule! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
yepp, they are bright like sh**t, and getting brighter every day as quality and bin-consistency constantly improves.
the average 1W Luxeon will put out between 15 and 30 lumen of light, which is roughly 10-15 times the output of a 5mm LED
bernhard

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto above. The 3AA is a nice light. You won't go back to a traditional 5mm after this!