Flashlight and other EDC size comparison (photo)

radu191289

Newly Enlightened
Trying to buy your first edc flashlight from a region where they are not common and you never hold one in your hand... talking about online shopping, you might get stuck at the question "how small is it?"
So I created this image with some common flashlights and other common things you probably have in your pocket or around the house to help people compare the dimensions of the flashlight they are going to buy with stuff they already have. The image is 96dpi, if you have a 96 dpi monitor (23in 1920x1080) and you see the photo at actual size, you actually the the items at original dimension like in the sample attached.
I personally used this method to buy the P12 and the Skeletool... hopefully will help other people too... if you need to add a new item in the list just let me know what item and where to place it in the image.

sizecomparison4a_zps6eb20bc5.jpg~original

Last edited:

kbuzbee

Enlightened
Re: Flashlight and other EDC size comparison

Excellent idea. Makes me appreciate how small my SC62c truly is!

Back when I was in a pocket knife acquisition cycle ;) I used to do cardboard mock ups of knives I was interested in. Really helped me get a feel for how the knife compared to those I already had. Very useful tool when you can't handle the item personally.

Thanks for posting this.

Ken

(edit - for those on an iPad or similar, you can just stretch the image to make the 1" marks "true")

Last edited:

radu191289

Newly Enlightened

Thank you! Just updated the photo with your zebralight and I see it's even smaller than the Thrunite archer and works on 18650... has such a long runtime, cool light!

kbuzbee

Enlightened

Yeah, it's one heck of a little workhorse. I so LOVE this light. Appreciate your adding it in.

Ken

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent idea, and well executed!

please include a few more standards like the Surefire 6P, and maybe a Quark AA.

radu191289

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flashlight and other EDC size comparison (photo last updated: 8 Aug 2014)

Thank you, just updated the photo with a couple of flashlights suggested by jabe1. There is room for more...

archimedes

Flashaholic

Thank you, just updated the photo with a couple of flashlights suggested by jabe1. There is room for more...

Nice ... how about an HDS EDC, and maybe a Peak ( Eiger? El Capitan? Logan? ) ?

EV_007

Enlightened

Or a standard 2 D or C drugstore light that non flashaholics visiting the site can relate to. Do they even make those anymore?