********* Four Sevens secret new light?********* ****

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was speaking with one of the staff at Four Sevens the other day and he gave me a heads up to keep an eye out for a new light coming out soon. He wouldn't elaborate on it, but made it sound like it was going to be a very exciting light. Anyone know anything about this? Are there any new LED's coming out?

ANYONE...ANYONE??? :popcorn:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's their Bluetooth light they were working on?

They were rumored to be working on one weren't they, or did I imagine that? :eek:

UnderPar

Enlightened
The BT light was introduced in Shotshow 2014. This maybe it

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure. He made it sound like it was uber secret fresh out of the lab. I was mentioning how much brighter my brothers XML light was compared to mine, same model, diff years and he said I should wait for a bit to buy as they had a new model coming out. Certainly has my curiosity up!

Lucciola

Enlightened
Rumours? Great, I'll join!

I was talking to Chuck Norris the other day, and he told me that he'll receive a new keychain light soon - to blast holes into tanks! ;) :crackup:

Lucciola

Enlightened
Whatever it is, warm white please!!!

I doubt it, unfortunately. It seems that we won't be getting special tints from 4/7s in the near future. See comment from 4/7s here in the marketplace.

This is the reason why I recently bought an EagleTac with Nichia 219 LED. If my preference is not an interresting market for 4/7s I have to buy elsewhere, although I treasure my warm and neutral 4/7s collection.

Nice65

Newly Enlightened
Looking at 4Sevens comment in the link posted above, we ought to be clamouring for more information about the Preons with Nichia emitters that the dealer can't sell, rather than speculating about a new product.

Lucciola

Enlightened
we ought to be clamouring for more information about the Preons with Nichia emitters that the dealer can't sell

Or just keep quiet and silently buy'em all! Here: Klick! :sssh:

I would definitely like to have one. It's just a bit of a hassle to get one over from California to The Old World. That's why I hesitate.

I bought two of the Preon 219 lights the day they were released. The color separation and fidelity is superb with both. Even my wife noticed the difference between the 219 emitter and the "snow white" light from her treasured Inova 1xAAA purse light. Tint snobs of the world unite!!! :devil:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more pretty tints from FourSevens. This is why I've begun moving back to P60 formats and ordering from Nailbender. I've also began collecting high cri emitters of various flavors and sending Vihn54 my lights for modding.

If anyone is interested, Osram has a new emitter called an Oslon SSL80 which comes in a 4000k, 95 cri model. Gorgeous beam. I had one put in an HDS and it's the nicest tint I've ever seen to date coming from an led.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
My wife is a nurse and she can definitely tell a difference. Shame there won't be more Hi CRI tints but I understand David's point about sales.

fnsooner

Enlightened
Or just keep quiet and silently buy'em all! Here: Klick! :sssh:

I would definitely like to have one. It's just a bit of a hassle to get one over from California to The Old World. That's why I hesitate.

Good advice. I just ordered two. I am a sucker for a High CRI Preon 2. I loaded up on the High CRI warms, and neutrals a couple of years ago thinking that it might be the last opportunity to get a non-cool white version. I wish the head was stainless though.