Looking for Japanese speaking member?

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Hey guys. This is gonna sound funny, but any advice can help. I am trying to place an order for an expensive-ish lighter from a website that is in Japanese. Now, the translate function isn't working for the site well enough for me to give them my credit card. So, since I'm not a member on any Japanese forums, I figure I ask you guys what to do.
I really want the lighter and nobody in the states has it in brass. Made in Japan to VERY fine tolerances.
Don't suppose anyone here speaks Japanese and wants to help me out?

Thanks guys this is the one.
https://sp.basket.step.rakuten.co.jp/rms/mall/bss/cart/?shop_bid=244157&added_item=10000163

Thank you guys for any help advice.

Dave

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Seems they don't ship to the U.S....

Did you try searching for the item on the English version of the website I posted?? Everything I've ever looked at on the English Rakuten website does ship to the US.

BTW, I would've tried searching for your item on the English site, but the link in your first post doesn't work.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Hi. Yes, when I hit the Add to Cart button, it said Can't ship to the U.S.
Maybe Im doing something wrong.....Its just called Douglas field lighter in brass.
I will try to see if I know anyone on Fbook, but I don't think I do.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi. Yes, when I hit the Add to Cart button, it said Can't ship to the U.S.
Maybe Im doing something wrong.....Its just called Douglas field lighter in brass.
I will try to see if I know anyone on Fbook, but I don't think I do.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but did you actually sign up for an account first? It let me get all the way to entering my credit card number with no errors...maybe you got the error after you submitted the credit card info though...

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but did you actually sign up for an account first? It let me get all the way to entering my credit card number with no errors...maybe you got the error after you submitted the credit card info though...

Hey. Actually no. I didn't sign up for an account. I figured it wouldn't matter. I did email them and they said they can't ship the the U.S. You think I should try signing up for an account and then ordering? I hate to buy it and never get it. Any thoughts? And thanks a lot.
Dave

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go ahead and sign up for an account and try it...as far as I know, they are a reputable company...

It could be that they cannot ship filled lighters, but maybe if you explicitly state to them to ship it unfilled, maybe they will do it...

When I signed in with my account, it let me add it to my cart and proceed to where I enter my credit card info...didn't try further because I didn't want to buy it, but...maybe it will work if you do that...

When you sign up for the account, make sure you use the tab that says "for those outside of Japan"...(it's not very obvious...)

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
I would go ahead and sign up for an account and try it...as far as I know, they are a reputable company...

It could be that they cannot ship filled lighters, but maybe if you explicitly state to them to ship it unfilled, maybe they will do it...

When I signed in with my account, it let me add it to my cart and proceed to where I enter my credit card info...didn't try further because I didn't want to buy it, but...maybe it will work if you do that...

When you sign up for the account, make sure you use the tab that says "for those outside of Japan"...(it's not very obvious...)

Well, I didn't see any option for "Outside Japan" but it seemed to work because the format of the fill out form was for the U.S. So, so far so good! Now, when I pressed Add to Cart, it worked! A bit pricier than I thought on the other site, but I want it. Just wondering before I hit the button, how bad the shipping time is on something like this.....Here goes nothing! Thanks so much again @Jumpmaster!

Also, it says the order will NOT be confirmed until they send me an email about how much shipping will be, and then I must agree before the order is fulfilled. So, Im guessing thats just the way this site works.....Never ordered from Japan before.

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I am glad it worked for you...I am very persistent when a challenge like this presents itself, so I'll try whatever means necessary to get something to work. :)

Hope you enjoy it and that the shipping isn't too bad...I'd looked for other items on there before (leather wallets and stuff) and the shipping didn't seem too bad...

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lighter may be considered a restricted air shipping item for their EMS service but unfilled should not pose an issue. I don't recall if they have surface shipments, those tended to take about 2+ weeks by the time it clears US Customs checks. If sent EMS you should have it in about 4-7 business days but can be held up by Customs processing and USPS delays. You'll also have to sign for it.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Great! Thanks so much again. Yes, it said EMS so hopefully won't be too bad of a wait! I am a happy camper! You da Best...

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
A lighter may be considered a restricted air shipping item for their EMS service but unfilled should not pose an issue. I don't recall if they have surface shipments, those tended to take about 2+ weeks by the time it clears US Customs checks. If sent EMS you should have it in about 4-7 business days but can be held up by Customs processing and USPS delays. You'll also have to sign for it.

Guys!!!! How is this possible???? I got the lighter from Japan, 2 DAYS AFTER THE ORDER!!!! I expected at least a week or two. This is crazy. The thing is so beautiful. Thanks guys for the help, I LOVE YOU!!

Latest posts